Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

Fair enough. I agree with the last part that we should have bought a midfielder this window. I am just wondering, how is he going to manage with what he has until the end of the season.

1 Like

Translation. I can’t point out where you called Jurgen a quitter, so I’ll try and evade the question and have a strop instead.

That’s what worries me he looks a beaten man, but the drop off from many of the players has been unfathomable, everything has come together with injuries loss of form to make this a season from hell.

The brightest thing this year is young Stefan

2 Likes

Said is over and over again, why is it FSG vs Klopp? Of course Klopp is his own man and will have his own ideas, just like any other individual in the club. But are you all trying to say that Klopp does not agree with the overall and broad principles of running the club, which includes the financial prudence, the way of recruiting and treating players at the club etc? If he does not, he had the perfect the opportunity to get away from the club, why not leverage that and include his asks when he extended the deal just in April? If he was so unhappy with how we are running the club, why extend the deal?

Nobody is saying Klopp sucks or is solely to be blamed, I think most are just saying that Klopp cannot be blameless. He, like anyone else, has a part to play in our current dump. If you think that the only problem we are having is not buying enough or better players, then you are playing FM. There are problems from the top management to the tactics and usage of players and it cannot only be certain people or players having the blame.

2 Likes

But we did buy a forward for £45m, and that suggests to me that money isn’t the issue. The issue is choice.

I’ll keep saying this until I’m blue in the bloody face, but it is simply not credible to berate FSG for the state of our midfield when you have to go back to the signing of Fabinho to identify anyone that would bring anything resembling ‘legs’ to the middle of the park. All we’ve done it that time is buy a 29 year old who was a questionable fit despite being world class, two young lads who are more forwards, and a loan signing that has turned into a bit of a laughing stock.

We’ve done £300m of investment in the team since winning the European Cup and save about £25m it’s all gone on anything other than midfield.

2 Likes

To me he looks a man who knows exactly what is the problem but like always he never lets the players down in public.

We al know there is a reason why those two are the 3th and 4th CB the problem in midfield and so on

3 Likes

Like he was a big part of our success, he’s also an important part of this.

Sorry but this side shouldn’t be 10 points below top 4 positions, regardless what our transfer windows were like lately. This is not Sevilla, we should be doing better. It’s not all Klopp, it’s not all owners, it’s not all transfers.

Changing a side doesn’t really happen by suddenly replacing 11 new players at once. We might be struggling, but still be in the top 4 or closer to the leaders. We might be struggling, but still having our principles alive. We might be struggling, but still look at least physically how we should look at mid-season and much more in sync.

Transfers? They still got some very nice wishes. Was Nunez for €80m the only option out there? That’s the football side of the club, people who made those decisions and those who decided to takeover/coach those players.

Before the start of next pre-season, we need to:

• sort out who replaces Ward
  • sort out what needs to be sorted out in the medical department
  • with a free summer, have a better pre-season, build a better base
  • of course the usual few ins and few outs
  • see what happens with the owners/new investors, but that shouldn’t block all of the above

No guarantees that all of that brings us back on track, but if we still have the same or similar problems next season after all that, then we’ll objectivelly have to start thinking is it time to move on.

Not to say that this season can still go worse than it is, or better of course. But for now, I would be willing to give not only Klopp, but all of ‘us’ another go this summer. If it’s the same outcome, then we’ll have to think about changing some things.

In my opinion, absolutely nobody should get blind “stay as much as you want” type of confidence. From Shanks, to Rafa, to Klopp. The club comes first. The confidence he already got is top from our side, plus what he did for us. But it won’t last forever. In our following, we’ll see numerous nice times and bad times. But there is life after all of them.

4 Likes

The most stupid thing would sakking Klopp and although he is not perfect he is not our problem.

6 Likes

But it won’t last forever. In our following, we’ll see numerous nice times and bad times. But there is life after all of them.

Your post gave me a lift especially the last bit. The thing is, when you had such a good thing going for 6-7 years and you waited 30 years for the elusive EPL trophy, it is so hard to let go of our good fortune.

4 Likes

Quelle horreur! :scream_cat:

3 Likes

Agree with this wholeheartedly, plus as @Sportbilly1966 says, it seems that Klopp is in tune with FSG’s attitude toward spending money. How many times has he said that he prefers to work with the players that he has rather than splashing money in the transfer market.

But I think the time has come for Klopp and his employers to accept that they need to change if LFC is going to continue to compete with its Prem rivals. I’m not saying we should be as reckless as Chelsea have been, but we do need to be spending more particularly now when we have teams like Newcastle and Arsenal also spending big and accumulating players.

Of course, the spending decisions might not get made by FSG in the future. The next few months are certainly going to ‘interesting’.

1 Like

Do we need to change or do we need to scout better there has been some decent buys come into the Premier league also recently, Caicedo, Onana, Paulhinho, Enzo before his move to Benfica.

There are gems out there, maybe we need to take a gamble on them especially at the initial costs of the likes of Caicedo & Enzo

1 Like

I am not sure if it is true or a rumour. Klopp is to hold emergency team meeting with the players tomorrow at some point. :pleading_face: :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Would make sense seeing as we’re in a crisis but words will not make a shred of difference as proven this season….we’re gradually getting worst. We need emergency action.

2 Likes

To an extent, that would be a change and it is something Klopp has hinted at when he said that maybe we should take more of a chance in the transfer market. It was assumed that he meant buying inexperienced players rather than allowing other clubs to buy them and we then buy them later at a premium.

BTW I wonder what it is that James Pearce has written that has so annoyed Klopp. He refused to take a question from Pearce at the presser but said he would take the same question from someone else. Klopp said “… you know why, for all the things you wrote.” Like what? Saying that we’re not buying this or that player?

1 Like

They all need a kick up the backside.

To be fair Alisson who I will give a pass acknowledged that today, first time.

1 Like

Been wondering if Jurgen has said something to Pearce off the records as such… or… as a throwaway line and Pearce has opened his gob to others at The Athletic, and it is them that have overstepped the mark with things they have made public… Nothing untoward as such, but it might have demonstrated that trust in the chain of communications at some point was broken… Either way, who cares if Pearce has been taken to task over stuff… the guy, like many others out there, is just a slug feeding off the achievements of others more talented than themselves

2 Likes

Aside from Alisson, Konate, Thiago, and Nunez, no one has performed this season. The players are hurting Klopp.

4 Likes

Two things: firstly, do you think they’re deliberately trying to get Jürgen sacked? And isn’t it the manager’s job to get the best out of the players?

5 Likes

It’s the manager’s job to do so but also to recognise when it’s time to sell them on when they still have some trade value. If Jürgen is guilty of anything it’s being overly loyal. That helped him drag a level of performance out of them but ultimately left him a bit too close to the playing staff which affected his ability to dispassionately judge their shelf life at LFC.

Mané was wise in more ways than one when he moved to Bayern. He saw the writing on the wall for this squad. They’re done.

Also, are you saying he hasn’t gotten the best out of them on a consistent basis?