Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

I worry about a lot of things concerning the club and while it is far from the most important, to me that press conferance attack on Pierce is a bad sign. Pierce hasn’t written anything terrible and its not a good sign if during difficult times a slightly critical article (that’s Pierce’s job after all and he is just simply doing his job) by the fan press makes Klopp resort to freezing him out. It is unseemly and unprofessional, not how most of us likes to see klopp, and I think it unfortunately shows that Klopp is under very much stress, which again is not the fault of Pierce.
Crossing my fingers for Klopp.

2 Likes

Or perhaps none of us are aware of what Pearce has done to piss him off. Klopp has never seems like someone to involve himself in petty feuds

5 Likes

Didn’t Pearce clarify that Klopp must have mistaken him for another person with some alluding that Klopp was pissed by the piece written by Reddy

I think you’ve finally uncovered the source of all our problems. Klopp needs his glasses back!

Predictable fan response. Not going to argue with you. But you can trawl and see if you find something truly terrible Pierce has written lately. I doubt you will find anything very awful, but you will find a bit critical journalism.
And if this is how you want to see Klopp ideally, then I doubt you are majority. But sure, lots of fans will shout with glee “get that fucking journo!” and think whatever Klopp says in any moment, despite being awfully stressed and obviously suffering, is close to perfect. I think he is human.

1 Like

I can’t make any sense of that comment, sorry

1 Like

The way Klopp reacted reminded me of his response to the journalist that broke the Lovren story
Jurgen Klopp bans newspaper over story claiming Liverpool star’s wife had affair - Mirror Online

I’m sure if Klopp is in the wrong he will apologise,he’s just that kind of guy.

1 Like

Not a big deal anyway. I am just worried for Jürgen and the team.

Yeah, I dont have a problem with his being harsh in holding a line in defending our corner. It’s just in this instance it is difficult to see what Pearce has written that would justify such a response. Without that explanation it gives off the impression he’s over reacting.

1 Like

Not sure Jurgen meant Pearce in particular, more The Athletic as a whole… which might widen the area when looking for evidence

1 Like

He’s annoyed with the click bait and can’t afford to get past the pay wall

1 Like

Probably completely unrelated, but whenever I see video titles like this I’m reminded of:

3 Likes

all this news about Man City been charged,

i hope our team thinks that all is not lost, they are not fighting a losing battle afterall
and cheats will be found out and dealt with

hopefully it breathes a bit of life into our team,

3 Likes

I agree, they should be fired up knowing it’s now proven City cheated them out of medals… attack the fucking day… starting with the bitters

3 Likes

Well after watching the last fortnight I would say no.

Beyond the changes he has made he can’t make many more frankly. You’ve got Carvalho and Doak but not much else. (Robbo has been far better than the last few Tskimkas performances).

I have to say I’m surprised he has stuck with Bajectic, he deserves it but I half expected to see Fabinho right back in.

I don’t think that CM will ever see the light of day again.

The headline is a bit crap.

Those are more short-term tactical changes, I think the point/question they’re raising is more touching on the strategical, from transfer window to transfer window, new contracts, etc.

It’s easy for Pearce to say he’s been too loyal to the likes of Chamberlain and Keita. We have no clue if there were enough interested parties for us to sell them sooner.

But there are certain players/moves that can be classified as being a bit too patient with some. That is of course also linked with our owners/net spending.

I understand that media/public/fans always want more transfer changes more than the first team staff. Of course, there is something in that Mourinho quote that a manager always wants more than the club can afford.

2 Likes

… but, but, but changing players is useless if your team hasn’t a tactic, So who’s job is it to formulate and train a tactic?

Depends what the punishment is. No doubt it will be a fine and a 6 month transfer ban.

Pep Ljinders is linked with Ajax job.
Buvac MK2

1 Like