Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

That first article is strange. An piece on Klopp knowing by the end of last season that the team needed to be “rebuild” and reconciling that with what happened would be good to read. That piece just drops in that revelation then walks away from it when it given its place in the lede it should be the focus of the piece.

Im not sure what Im supposed to take it from it all.

1 Like

Judge Ok GIF by truTV’s Those Who Can’t

1 Like
14 Likes
3 Likes

I thought Neil was talking about himself for a minute

1 Like

“This was Jurgen Klopp’s 250th win as Liverpool manager in all competitions. It was his 414th game in charge of the Reds, reaching the milestone victory quicker than any previous three managers to do so for the club (Bob Paisley 448, Bill Shankly 472 and Tom Watson 539)”

5 Likes

Maybe this was the issue, now it’s gone we will start to play well again :rofl:

3 Likes
1 Like

Klopp:

“The good things are really good and will be good forever, but then we have to make sure we don’t suffer from the few things than are not working very well.”

Please Jurgen don’t start losing it, drop the forevers.

Konaté only trained in two sessions but there will be changes.

On another change subject, I know that there have to change things but I can not do that now, that is for this summer he said.

1 Like

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp says it is ‘clear we have to do something in the summer’

Thank God that Klopp has been reading comments on TAN :raised_hands:

1 Like

Klopp is partly responsible for this club’s downfall.Him and FSG are so arrogant that they did not see the decline coming.

He’s made some mistakes, but there is no-one in football I would prefer to put them right.

6 Likes

Interesting comments by Klopp. On one hand he seems to saying to the owners that he wants money to be made available even if we don’t qualify for the CL, but he’s also saying that players shouldn’t be discarded just because they’ve had a bad season.

“It is not helpful,” Klopp said of failing to qualify for next season’s Champions League. “Money always has an impact but this cannot be that much of an impact, let me say it like this.
“Even if people are now in the mood like: ‘He can go, he should go,’ – my God, calm down please. Go on YouTube and watch an old video and think: ‘That’s what he did, he threw his heart and soul on the pitch.’ That doesn’t mean we have to be thankful for the rest of his life but that’s still in there so let’s make a decision after the season. As long as we are together, let’s support this group with all we have.”

So he wants the club to spend money on players but he isn’t keen on discarding players who have done well in the past. Seems like he finds it hard to let go.

Obvious really he can’t Chuck every under performing player.

Some it will be a short term issue, others looked finished.

2 Likes

Yep he’ll want to wring the last bits of anything out of the ones he wants to go, for that you need some motivation.

We shouldn’t see every word the manager says as political manoeuvring - he does speak off the cuff at times - but this passage does feel pretty loaded.

I think we played five years in a row in the Champions League, which is massive money, and went to the final three times in that time, which is also massive from a money point of view. We built a stand, we built a training ground, and the club is in a really good place, but around us obviously a few people [clubs] are speeding up a little bit and you cannot ignore that. We cannot ignore these kind of things.

To me it sounds a bit passive and that he himself is undecided as to what should be done next. He also said that LFC have to do something in the summer so maybe the plans are there - but they have been there before so let’s see - will it be one nearly polished diamond and a couple of rough ones or a sac full of rocks, hoping for a diamond. Either way it will be new territory with big changes on the horizon (maybe).

3 Likes

I find all these Klopp statements completely normal tbh. It’s the kind of stuff I would expect him to say in public.

10 Likes

Yeah but is he saying “we need to spend more to keep up with the joneses”

Or

“We need to lower our expectations about attaining top trophies”