Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

Surely they’ll have to keep him away from us for this season at least, and when/if he refs us again, there’s no way he could be impartial after all that has happened, even if you think he was unbiased before.

Think it may have been mentioned earlier, but Tierney has refereed 28no Premier League games this season - 7no of them have involved LFC. That is 25% of his total games this season, he has refereed us.
I know we can take a joke as good as the next team… but these figures go way beyond anything that can be laughed at…!
It is not as though he is even an elite referee… he is shite

2 Likes

Yup I think there were two recently who had never been near one of our matches.

Evidently they were generally ok and the games passed without incident.

Oddest thing is they kept Oliver and Coote away from our matches for months after that derby, Coote was involved in one match about a year after where he gave literally everything our way.

I think the Forest game was Coote’s first on VAR for us since that.

1 Like

They are but then when asked in a pregame interview what happened in the meeting i’d tell them exactly what happened. I went in with a video showing all of this refs mistakes, they totally ignored it and fined/banned me anyway. I’d even number and tell the press the mistakes. Not sure they could ban him again for stating what happened truthfully (tho they’ll probably try)

1 Like

Agree with all of the above, especially the 25% statement. How the hell can that be right when they know we have problems with him. It’s almost a reverse Fergie effect. He moans, they don’t see the ref again, we moan and he’s practically living in our dressing room

1 Like

yes it’s a masterpiece

Caution: Language Might Not be Suitable for Younger Posters :0)

Totally agree mate and that is why we don’t hear what refs say during the game because it would pick up the abuse from players.

For me they need to enforce the laws in regards to abusive language and also surrounding the refs

1 Like

sounds like a Rafa facts speech you want,

that didnt end well for Rafa!

For me this will only end badly for Jurgen unfortunately
no way are the FA EPL and the PGMOL going to let Jurgen get 1 over them.

Telling a ref to fuck off is a red card and if a player ever said that to a ref in a game he would be sent off.

There are degrees of saying fuck off though.

It probably wont end well for Klopp but since the other option is to do nothing and keep getting this same ref screwing us season after season i’d honestly like to see him risk it. At the very least it may draw attention to it. I’m seeing a lot of stuff on twitter and in the posts above highlighting why Jurgen feels the way he does about Tierney. That can’t be a bad thing.

1 Like

Like, with an inflection on the off so it sounds like a question?

Many many ways lol

I reffed for a number of years, starting with the little uns and moving on to seniors.

There are many forms of saying ‘fuck off’ and you can easily tell when it crosses the line from frustration and annoyance to anger and menace. The former will get a player told to focus on his own game, the latter will get you sent off.

Standing screaming in the face of an official like a deranged lunatic should be a red.

1 Like

We’ve got a club who have been financially doping for years still playing every week in competitions, and another club bought by people who chopped up a journalist with a bone saw, but Klopp is the one drawing hysterical calls to be banned for shouting at an official? Give me a fucking break.

9 Likes

21st century society mind set.
Absolute uproar at a politician who has an abrasive nature when dealing with civil servants, meantime we have to try and understand the reasons that led someone to shoot dead 5 of his neighbours.

Tierney’s comments are a bit of an anti-climax. Really nothing in them for a Liverpool fan to get upset about. Shouting at the 4th official and rubbing it in his face that we scored is surely a red card. I have no complaints about this. The fact Tierney smiled in his face is a bit cheeky. Telling him he downgraded it to a yellow because of the 4th official I don’t really see how that adds salt to the situation.

I despise Tierney. I feel he is one referee that genuinely dislikes Klopp and is willing to sway decisions to the opposition because of him, which is never right. I truly hope I never see him ref a Liverpool game again, but there’s little chance of that.

I am sure you are all going to lay into Ryan Mason about how he was jumping up and down from the sidelines the whole match in anger. But I would like to see the video footage where he’s celebrating a goal in the face of an official. Being angry at decisions (like Klopp also was for most of the match) is very different from disrespecting the referee like Klopp did. I’ll take that red card. But I also hope Klopp and the club are taking avenue available behind the scenes to keep Tierney away from our matches forever.

Shouting in his face is a gross exaggeration, without you is what Klopp said.
Look at what Milner got booked for and then look at Skipp on jota.

2 Likes

But the match officials have the tools in their pockets to deal with player transgressions. I’d like to see a massive crackdown on player and manager outbursts. It’s childish and ruins the game in my opinion. :nerd_face:

1 Like

im a bit lost…what is the context of him shouting ‘without you’?

i feel like i should get it, but i dont.

1 Like