Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

A bit like a kid getting bullied in school, should he stay quiet and say nothing or let everyone know he is being bullied.

3 Likes

When Klopp leaves after his contract expires in 2026 they should do a farewell/charity match with players from his CL and league winning squad ‘randomly’ mixed up with players from 2025/26 squad.

Players like Sadio and Bobby deserve a farewell match but unfortunately only few will get one. So make it a farewell match for the whole group.

2 Likes

It’s diversion.

Jürgen is so uncouth. Talk to us after the game. Imagine the effect this behaviour has on the game at the grass roots level.

Phoney sanctimony. Divert, divert, divert.

1 Like

Clearly lost the plot? Klopp acted like a twat?

FA, PL, PGMOL, and let’s not forget, the Media are the culprits.

Was Klopp supposed to be suave? After he watched his players hacked by the opposition, for years? After his well-drilled plans got wasted, for years?

2 Likes

“We really say goodbye to, in my point of view, four Liverpool legends.”

He definitely won a bet by saying this.

Maybe Jurgen was also saying between the lines… that Tierney never gives MO the benefit of the doubt when adjudging the treatment he receives from the opposing team - Not just in the Spurs game this time round, but in previous games of a similar ilk… The same pattern has emerged with Tierney, and regarding the lack of fairness he displays towards MO -

There is statistic doing the rounds, in which it states Grealish gets awarded a foul every 27mins - MO gets awarded a foul every 91mins…! - Hard to compare the two I know… or is it.? The trend is very much out there with Tierney - Maybe Jurgen is not questioning the guys integrity, or a pre-conceived bias, which does not mean this bias won’t surface in the game as pressures from the heat of the battle bring it to the fore… Just like Jurgen did not have a pre-conceived bias against the fourth official that day… the pressure of the game brought it about.

My take on it… and I’m not going to drag all the obvious reasons Tierney could have a specific agenda against our EGYPTIAN king, or others from that part of the world, maybe, just maybe… Tierney had a holiday in MO’s homeland, ate something dodgy that kept his arse planted onto a toilet, or positioned over the hole in the ground some establishments still prefer… for the whole two week duration of his now, ruined holiday of a lifetime.
Maybe his next door neighbour keeps parking in Tierney’s allocated car parking space… maybe the guy has a massive poster of MO in his front window… who knows how warped Tierney’s thought pattern is…

What is obvious to most though, Tierney is a first class twat who is shit at his role of refereeing

1 Like

You should know what I think on the matter. I’ve said more than enough on the subject of refereeing. This isn’t about who is right or wrong. That’s obvious.

This is about what the best way to get your point across is. Klopp lost control. He’d fully accept that. That just means the story is Klopp screaming in the referees face rather than Tierney’s shitshow.

1 Like

Yes, staying calm worked really well for Benitez. Everything he said was on point and delivered in calm fashion. It still didn’t stop media whores labelling it a rant.

Guardiola, Arteta, Mourinho, Conte got away with similar if not worse behaviour. Not even going to mention Ferguson. The FA, the pundits and the media pretend everything is ok as long as the ‘offender’ originates from London or Manchester.

9 Likes

The problem is that the fanbase see the lack of action on Mo as further evidence of bias against Liverpool and part of the ‘grand conspiracy’ that so many fans are jumping on board with these days, but I have always seen it as evidence of different treatment for honest players.

This is not to blame Klopp but Klopp has brought honesty and fairness to this club - as evidence by often or always winning the fair play award - but it has come at the cost of being overall too honest. Mo just doesn’t know the fine art of diving like he used to. When he first arrived at Liverpool he would go down and get some penalties, so much so that the media made a big deal of it and he ended up trying to stay on his feet to demonstrate he isn’t a diver. As a consequence, he doesn’t get paid the fouls he deserves.

The incident in the Spurs match was ridiculous, but I said in the post-match, part of the reason Mo didn’t receive anything was because he refused to hit the deck or give at least a dramatic reaction on the initial shirt pull and by the time he started complaining, the moment had already passed. In football now, the refs are either so blind to it or they are so incompetent that you need to really convince them that a free kick is there. Mo needed to jerk back out of the contest to demonstrate that the Spurs player was making it an unfair contest. The Spurs player probably would have gotten a yellow too.

Grealish is an absolute expert at diving. So is Jota to be fair. Both have impeccable timing on when to hit the deck. And they often get (unduly) rewarded for it. Although Mane also was going through his ‘hard man’ phase in the last couple of years with us and would refuse to dive for penalties, he also understood important moments in games and would go down when it would result in a free kick in a dangerous area. When Mane wasn’t being too proud to dive, he was actually an excellent diver.

It might sound like I am encouraging diving at LFC, and you’d be right. Its not the 1970’s any more. This is football in 2023. Games are decided by extremely fine margins. A single moment of diving could win you a game and you could go on and win a title because of it. Refs are inherently weak when it comes to being fooled by diving. You need to recognise that eventually or you have to live with the consequences of being too clean.

We might even need to face similar hard questions (if you can’t beat them, join them) on a more macro level if Newcastle’s project becomes successful and Manure joins in on the idea.

I love Klopp’s determination to play honestly, the right way. The real scandal is that we are being punished for that not rewarded. The media push a negative narrative against us every time something happens. Everytime, the FA, premier league, ref’s association is involved in something with us we get shafted. If that is not prejudice/bias or corruption I don’t know what is.

How do you explain?

1. Mo not getting a foul against the Tottenham player? Honestly, how could you look at that passage of play and think, yep no foul.

2. Mo is an outlier when it comes to not winning fouls. This is not subjective, the facts are there.

3. The linesman elbows Robertson. Yep, nothing to see here. All’s good.

Yet, our own fans will tell me I’ve got my tin foil hat on. One even tried to defend that linesman saying if someone came up in the street like Robbo did he’d do worse than what the linesman did.

I don’t think Mo doesn’t get fouls because he’s foreign, it’s cos he plays for LFC. There I’ve said it.

7 Likes

Same with Mané. He got kicked from pillar to post and got nothing….maybe LFC+foreign makes it worse?

2 Likes

Yep, not quite as bad an outlier as Mo but the stats show it’s still pretty bad.

1 Like

You think …

There some objective issues about refereeing against Liverpool. Such as the extent to which Mo Salah is an outlier in terms of fouls won. It’s not even in the realms of tolerance. The Tompkins article is a really good summary, but I would be surprised if LFC were not already all over this stuff.

The question is how to pursue it. Is it a private chat with PGMOL? Is it go public?

Whatever the most effective way is, it’s probably not off the back of Klopp losing his rag at the fourth official.

If you look at that PR now I find it a bit embarrassing to be honest. A lot of the stuff that Rafa was saying wasn’t a fact at all. It was opinion (Opinion I personally believe, but it was wide open for piss taking). Rafa was never the clearest in English anyway, and the whole thing looked a bit odd.

But then I’ve always believed that the point of that ‘rant’ was more about getting Gerrard off the back pages. Shortly before Rafa did his thing, Gerrard had beaten up a DJ for refusing to play a Phil Collins song.

Paul Tompkin’s analysis shows that foreign/darker skinned players statistically get fewer calls than English lads. That isn’t a Liverpool thing - it’s across the board.

But then if you combined this with anti Liverpool bias - perhaps the idea that Refs are turning up to Anfield in siege mode because of the myth that the Kop sway decisions - that might account for it.

3 Likes

No Foul…!

2 Likes

I mean the motherfucking lino is looking RIGHT AT IT!!!

Nailed it right there. Rafa is nobody’s fool. He knew his statement would garner all media attention and Gerrard is left pretty much alone to focus on playing. It was on my opinion genius management.

3 Likes

…and it was a prolonged action, not a split-second thing.

I would REALLY like to hear the excuse for that one.