Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

That was embarrassing from the lino.

1 Like

To be fair the Lino can’t see the shirt pull because Mo’s body is being hauled to the ground in the way. :joy:

Valid point.

Rafa got mocked and it was compared to Keegans rant.
You just can’t criticise certain clubs or any officials especially when they are completely wrong.

You fucked it up with "grand conspiracy ".

Very few are using those terms, and its reducing the debate to call the biases that.

Slur Alex Ferguson was like a plague in the game…
He used journalists at every opportunity for his own end

1 Like

It’s worth pointing out that Klopp didnt get a ban because of his actions towards the 4th official, as inappropriate as they were. It was for his comments after the game that, in the view of the PL, brought the game into disrepute by suggesting the ref doesnt approach our games fairly.

2 Likes

How can you be punished for speaking the truth?

1 Like

That’s a perfect example of what happens when your boss is in the stands. So he really shouldn’t rile up the FA and have a half season ban.

Stale

You’ve tried to be nuanced in your post. But it doesn’t take into account the obvious to see moments like B Silva clinging onto Salah like a baby monkey to his mother. Many of the persistent fouls on Salah are so blatant, that only the proverbial blind guy couldn’t see.

It doesn’t take into account the “subjective view” of things like Tierney thinking Jota stopped against Spurs to try to win a penalty.

When a ref is giving a yellow to Ali for taking 15 seconds on a restart when Martinez takes longer on virtually any distribution. When Bajcetic gets a yellow continually in the first 10 minutes of a game for the first foul, but Rodri has the get out of jail card passed down from Fernandinho.

So it’s not just the not giving fouls. It’s everything about the way PGMOL ref us, even from the administration side, of keeping giving Tierney our games to ref.

7 Likes

It’s hard to know what to do about it.

Double down on calling it out? Do a thorough and researched press release? Not Jurgen in the heat of the moment, but a sober analysis after the fact?

Or do we just ignore it, and put all of our efforts into improving what we can within our own camp?

There is definitely an issue, but it is tricky to know how to handle it.

Maybe the statement issued after Jurgens ban was the way to go? Apology. Some justification with second language and also emotions running high when he had to contractually do the interviews. But then also a nugget about Tierney, and the 20% thing, so moving forward we hopefully see less of him reffing our games?

I didn’t like the statement as I’m more of a fighter and it was too conciliatory for me, but maybe that’s about the best we can do?

The referees might even be worse next season towards us at home, with thousands of extra bodies in attendance screaming at every decision he makes against us

Like Fab escaping a yellow for a foul in the first few minutes which pretty much every other day is a yellow? Or Henderson also escaping a yellow today, centre of the pitch, breakaway, took the foul, no card. Both were today. I can provide the minutes both incidents took place if people want to call BS.

Fans will see exactly what they want to see. They will block out every non call we get away with and remember every decision against us. In fact, it’s just human nature. But I find the whole bias angle exhausting when people refuse to acknowledge the things that go our way.

The refs are terrible in terms of what fans expect. The main problem is we have reached an age in the game where we have eyes on every incident, replays, social media, fan forums analysing everything. Refs are humans that are as flawed as the rest of us. I really don’t think the standards have dropped over the years, but just we are now into every incident and the refs can’t get away with anything.

I look forward to the day when AI reaches a point that makes them capable of refereeing so we can have truly black and white decision making (ok it technically still won’t be black and white).

2 Likes

Mings got a yellow for leaving stud marks on Gakpo, was Fabinho early challenge really a yellow?

It was 12:03 on the clock. Mcginn was past Fab, with Virg in front of him, Fab went in with a leg chop to bring him down but missed so went in for a second effort and brought him down. Mcginn justifiably went ballistic. It’s one of those ones where I think the game time came into the ref’s decision making, because at any other time that’s a yellow. Bringing a player down a player strategically to stop them having a run on your defence is a yellow.

If your point is how can those incidents both be dealt with the same punishment, then I agree, it’s ridiculous. One is strategic to stop their run of play, while the other left our player lying on the ground.

So you are arguing villa’s point for them. A bit odd. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

:person_facepalming::person_facepalming::person_facepalming:

And having the evidence

The outlier as others have said is the lack of fouls given on Mo, can you explain that cos I can’t, the only thing is some sort of bias.

We do get less penalties than other teams with similar possession/touches in the box.

Also, I have seen on many occasions where the standard of refereeing in a game seems in favour of the opposition and commented many times in the in game threads how the opposition gets touched falls over and gets a foul, where more physical contact against us is not penalised.

I would also say that your examples whilst correct, there would be far more examples of the opposition getting away with the same.

It may be that most of the refs are crap rather than bias???

1 Like