Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

Seems a bit petty, but we’ll forgive him a few quirks :heart:

Nah he wants the team to have the full support.

Can sing his song all he wants at full time, also comes across as someone who finds these things a bit embarrassing

6 Likes

Jurgen is part of that team, the fans should be able to demonstrate that at the stadium regardless whether he likes it or not and sorry to say but getting wound up over fans singing your name is petty. It’s not like they’re forgetting about the players and only singing for Klopp.

#Kloppout

The guys always been like this, praising his staff making sure everyone gets their due praise.

I don’t really see the issue, Klopp getting a chant isn’t going help the team is it? That roar will.

2 Likes

SSN Breaking News - “Klopp has this evening announced his decision to leave as manager of Liverpool by mutual consent, the reasons aren’t exactly clear at this moment but it’s believed he grew tired of the fans singing his name despite many polite requests for them to stop”

https://twitter.com/ESPNUK/status/1698623461780844823?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1698623461780844823|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=

4 Likes

Normal, he’s far better than the two, but it’s good to see it confirmed by the stats.

1. Klopp
  2. Wenger
  3. Ferguson

My rating, in that order.

4 Likes

Totally agree. Wenger had the transformational effect on the whole league Klopp has. Envied his Arsenal. Didn’t help that we were sort of average during his early years.

3 Likes

Where’s Brendan? Character is worth at least 200 wins

1 Like

Doesn’t make much sense, because the principle why he doesn’t want his song during games can be applied to player songs as well.

What, we should only sing songs during 90 minutes that are aimed towards keeping the team pressing and counter-pressing like crazy and not relaxing? Football songs are spontaneous and the Anfield crowd is renowned for that. Keep it as it is.

I’m not even going to try and imagine what would happen if another Liverpool manager came out with this, but Jurgen obviously has a lot of credit in the bank (understandably). I miss Rafa’s little waves to the Kop when his song was on!

Not that I think it’s a big shame, I think Klopp’s song is a bit meh. He didn’t say we’ll win the Premier League, you know.

He did to me

1 Like

Don’t see this issue with the Klopp song not being sung. It’s not forever.

It will mean more when it hasn’t been sung all season and then it erupts again when we’re 4-0 up in the Europa League final and when we win the league after beating Spurs in May.

1 Like

It was being sung loudly before the end of the game yesterday!

2 Likes

I think the song thing is a bit of a culture clash, and/or generation gap. Klopp is old school in that way. He doesn’t want any fuss or focus. In that regard he is unassuming and humble.

He is quite happy for the focus to be on the players on that pitch.

Nothing to see here…

3 Likes

I know, but I think we should respect his request for the normal parts of the season.

2 Likes

I believe Klopp is both delighted and proud to have his song, like he says.

Looking at the lyrics though, it’s not really a “Klopp” song, to be honest. From all the possible things we could’ve sang, we went for Klopp apparently telling us he’ll win the Premier League. It’s not a Mourinho, “Special One” type of song, if that makes sense.

Plus, the way the song goes and ends, it is a bit of a downer. Compared to, I don’t know, Jota’s song (more the way the song goes, very lively, which is why I think it’s popular from the new songs). I think that’s what Jurgen wanted to say. But not all songs are super crazy and boy, we have some phenomenal ones.

That’s just overthinking I think from Jurgen’s part, without being a big deal. I actually get where he’s coming from, but really… leave the crowd sing what they want and focus on managing the team from the touchline.

2 Likes

Or…the crowd could stop singing it for a while like he asked :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Think we just go away with the bollocking from Jürgen.

Was 3-0 at 88mins or something like that I recall. Any tighter or earlier and I’m sure he would have spoken up about it lol

2 Likes

My two cents is, I love Jürgen and respect him massively but don’t think he can tell or request fans what to be singing. The chat is not that serious and is just sung anytime, don’t believe it is a chant of overall confidence or cockiness.

Without being harsh to the man I think, focus on the pitch and not on what the fans are doing.

1 Like

He literally said it’s not up to him to tell fans which songs to sing, just a ‘polite request’.
Much ado about nothing.

4 Likes