Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

I saw a videos of his final day at Dortmund and Mainz. The banners from the Dortmund fans were magnificent. He had tears in his eyes and I saw fans crying.

Jürgen is such a charismatic and huge personality, it must have been incredibly hard for both clubs fans to see him go. He is irreplaceable as football manager and personality.

4 Likes

Mainz 2679 days / 270 games

Dortmund 2555 days / 318 games

Liverpool 3188 days / 471 games

Always hoped he will stay until he reaches 589 games (more than at Mainz and Dortmund combined).

We have 12 League games left.

Potentially 4 FA Cup games.

Potentially 7 EL games.

6 Likes

Shankly once said that he was made for Liverpool and Liverpool was made for him. This holds equally true for Klopp.

He is a living legend and whoever comes after him will not evoke the same emotional response, no matter how successful he turns out to be.

We are losing an once in a lifetime manager and a truly exceptional human being.

11 Likes

But Shanks was followed by Paisley

3 Likes

If only we could be so lucky. That’d be like hitting the jackpot twice.

2 Likes

New title is gold!

2 Likes

10 Likes

He arrived as “the normal one”,
he will leave us as “the special one”

3 Likes

What a caption, what a moment!

https://twitter.com/RichRance/status/1761846521518039225?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1761846521518039225|twgr^518c3745fc0babacea5519fd087ec829e419cd05|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ynwa.tv%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcoremodule%3Dsystemcontroller%3Dembedurl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FRichRance%2Fstatus%2F1761846521518039225%3Ft%3DX_Abaj9cucJOZTR_NcsXvQ26s%3D19

5 Likes

Yeah, heard some call them domestic cups “distractions” at times.

Wonder how our history would look like without those 18 domestic cups.

5 Likes

Forget about the meaning of the cup for a moment, I think the meaning of having kids win us a cup is much bigger than that.

7 Likes

Yesterday’s final will certainly be remembered as one of the more special ones, in a specific way, at least for us Liverpool fans.

But first team or kids, whatever, these are valid major trophies and I’ve never taken them for granted.

Seen more than enough periods (2006-2012 and 2012-2019) with zero trophies and in those times, it’s not domestic cups that have blocked us from winning leagues and CL’s.

4 Likes

Would be great to go for FA Cup too but we just don’t have the luxury right now. Remember when we won 2 cups but missed out on the league. Was remembered as a devastating season that took a year to recover from. Don’t want this season to end like that. Go hell for leather in the league. Let Klopp leave behind the champions

1 Like

Added some more joy to my morning,

2 Likes

Well you know how much I like hyperbole, but I thought this one would be good for 3 months :sob:

Are you in the UK or outside. I will ask if he posts abroad

Loved seeing these two together and also Elliott with Kenny.

2 Likes

I felt numb when he announced his departure and the Norwich game hit home at the end.

However since I’m just enjoying it. There are no certainty in life but in a way considering what he has brought us and how he and FSG have set us up for the future I think the impact will be felt for years to come.

It may be daunting for the new guy but it’s also a damn good set up and people talk of Wenger and Ferguson but nethier left a squad as good as this with a youth set up like this.

There will be a churn but the next guy will have the tools and no doubt FSG will help fund a couple of purchases.

2 Likes

I hope this is the case but have this niggling thought about how Klopp manages to get more out of players than other coaches. Think of the big money signings that are currently struggling at Chelsea, united etc. and the young players over the years who were the next big thing but ended up playing in down the leagues. I guess we’ll find out soon how good these players are without Klopp!

2 Likes