Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

As this day comes to an end…the end of an era, the end of the rollercoaster ride that has been Jurgen. My thoughts are…As a 9 year old I loved standing on a wooden stool in the paddock, watching this wonderful team scores goals, the smell, the sounds, the atmosphere…and now at the the age of 64, I have loved every minute of the Jurgen reign at Anfield…again the atmosphere, the sounds, the football, the European nights, the Premier League title, and this wonderful football team…Thank you Jurgen for making a Grandma very, very happy , and taking her back to the little 9 year old in the paddock…if I left this world tomorrow my love for LFC would still be great…again Thank you Jurgen for the past 9 years…

18 Likes

Just sunk in. Klopp is no longer our leader but yet will always be one in our hearts. True legend beyond the game.

Slot is not just having to take over a successful football manager, he has to take over a wonderful human being.

3 Likes

From the day he gave his first interview and described himself as the ‘Normal One’… I immediately felt we were in good hands with this guy - there was just something reassuring about him.
For the entire length of his stay with us, he gave me the impression we were still in good hands… every single day.
Although the theme of this song is not exactly right for the occasion, some lyrics here sort of sum up my feelings towards his reign…

"Thanks for the dance -
It was hell, it was swell, it was fun -
Thanks for all the dances -
One two three, one two three, one "

Time to start missing him I suppose :0(

4 Likes

What was Gareth doing there?

Ha ha…Kelly…

That’s how I feel too. Couldn’t be arsed seeing who even won the league this year. Losing Klopp has been an extremely painful few months. Soon as the goodbyes finished TV was off. Only later did I think to check and unsurprisingly the cheats won it again.

1 Like

Yo @Wilkored08 - has Kelly changed her surname… :man_shrugging:

Sorry…auto duberry thingy clicked in…Cates…

https://twitter.com/LFC_ERYAN/status/1792281398075592749?t=CgZ6_Mcv7eSVs5V3f98rAQ&s=19

4 Likes

Feeling empty. It felt like whatever was going wrong on this planet, there was always a weekend appointment with Jürgen to remind me of hope and goodness. Now it’s just going to be weekends with you.

See what I mean?

3 Likes

Well what a day…I now feel lost…we have the Euros to watch, Olympics and Cricket…but it seems a long way to wait for the new season…a season of new beginnings, who knows what that’ll bring…new faces on the bench, new players…but no Jurgen…we were blessed…but our new man must know what he has to live up to…lets go to the next level…

4 Likes

That Coke does create some terrible comedowns

2 Likes

I want to like his words but I’m worried this has to be contrived or AI

Very disrespectful toward Arne, that. I would expect better from you.

1 Like

Not as disrespectful toward Arne as my lyrical compositions for Amorim, whoever he is.

https://x.com/AnfieldEdition/status/1792293740305846340?t=hF4ZCn72JcofJmITqWT6Zw&s=09

7 Likes

I’ll take “people I don’t want to receive praise from” for a $100 Alex

1 Like

I will say this - I am extremely proud to be a Liverpool FC supporter. The class this club exudes is monumental.

FSG hasn’t always gotten everything right - they’ve stepped in it a few times! But the send-off of Klopp, and Klopp’s words and reactions, show that there isn’t a better club on earth than this one.

18 Likes

I think they did it spot on.

1 Like

I’ve heard many, many times that Klopp embodies the city of Liverpool.

If so, then Liverpool has to be one of the classiest places on the planet.

9 Likes