Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

Turns up at Real 25-26 season

:running_man:

1 Like

I don’t know why people seem to think that you either work or do nothing. Klopp is now free to travel all over the world, go on safari, go diving, climb mountains, eat beautiful food, drink exquisite wine, sail, paraglide, watch movies, go to the theatre, exhibitions, concerts, play with his grandkid, read, meet friends, walk in the forest or on the beach.
I hope he gets to do all that before thinking about working again.

10 Likes

Probably because that is the only option for many people.

As you say, Klopp is free to enjoy himself for once.

3 Likes

Its that Klopp is/was a workaholic. Its just sensible to think he likes making achievements and actualisation, and this instinct is in him. He will miss that and its how he adapts.

A lot of the top coaching jobs in football are coming vacant - he will surely be pestered.

Klopp doesn’t seem in any way insecure to me. But there are other obvious drivers that I think will bring him back into management. Someone with that level of charisma, leadership ability and energy, will find it hard not to channel this into high level work. He also clearly enjoys 60k people singing to him of their love for him. Hard to get that validation from your wife on a sun lounger

1 Like

Who knows? I just hope he gets at least a year of doing my stuff first.

2 Likes

Well that’s what happened when he left Dortmund and we came knocking. Obviously, that was an opportunity that he didn’t want to turn down.

I’ve always thought that a national team coaching job would drive him nuts but maybe that would suit him now?

3 Likes

We know he made a pact with his wife about quality of life - and agreed he would take a step back - does she miss Germany? Its then a question of whether she likes him being at home so much, these things can raise up!

Yep, jobs I see him being fitted for are Bayern and Germany, possibly Real will be tempting for him too, given they have Mbappe and Bellingham, and he has openly stated his admiration. PSg will be after him, maybe Barca too.

He is the best coach in the world by far and with the right resources could break records. He must know that.

1 Like

Yeah, all of Germany wants him to coach the national team, but it would be too part-time for him I think. Imagine him waiting six weeks between matches.
The options are few really at this stage. Nothing in England, can’t see him in a league where he doesn’t speak the language, and anyway, would he really fit Real or PSG?
Bayern? They’d wet themselves, but he just doesn’t fit that club.
Nah, discover the world outside of football. There’s a lot to see and do.

1 Like

It seemed to piss him off pretty frequently, tbh.

Some interesting stats

2 Likes

Maybe UEFA or FIFA might try and persuade him to do some work like Wenger is doing? A Technical Advisor. He’d probably find himself out of a job like that with too much resistance, and I don’t think he thinks of either organisation too highly, but it’d keep him involved in the game, trying to implement positive change.

If he doesn’t take charge of the German National Team, I do think we’ll see him back at Dortmund in the rumoured role like Football President, or something like that.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

What will you have him do? Give you an haircut?

2 Likes

Just seen a video on a blueshite forum of Klopp in tears at the arena last night but with the blueshite singing “you lost the league at Goodison” as the soundtrack.
Apart from the fact it clearly isn’t true, imagine if that was all you had? The deluded belief that somehow your pathetic little club actually played a part in where the title ended up.
Fucking sad, but it will all make watching their demise all the sweeter.

9 Likes

I’d bet a lot of @Sithbare’s money that Jürgen coaches the Indian national team with @Sithbare managing nutrition.

5 Likes

I agree but the problem with being a manager at a big club is that it’s a very high intensity 24/7/365 type role. As a somewhat flawed comparison, most FTSE100/Fortune 500 etc CEOs step down after a similar amount of time and, while they may move on to less intense board work, most of them won’t return to the highest intensity roles.

2 Likes

Can’t see any of those except Germany.

absolutely…

i cant see him doing nothing…but i equally cant see him doing another ‘Liverpool’

germany, or maybe back to Mainz (club ownership even???) or something…

please not the US or especially Saudi Arabia Jurgen…