Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

I’m Brian and so is my Wife.

Oops, wrong film.

I’m not Spartacus. But that’s not saying that I’m not Jürgen. :nerd_face:

2 Likes
8 Likes

Im not having a go or suggesting its BS, but where is this from? I would love to know more about how the deal came about so if theres a particular article or Klopp interview that explains this it would be good to know. TIA

1 Like

Details about the FSG heads encouraging him to go ahead with the deal? Couldnt give you a specific source at this point, but it was credibly reported in a couple of places.

3 Likes

I see that rumours are circulating on Twitter (yes, I know) that LFC have opened talks with the boss over a new contract. Fantastic if true, and even better if he signs.

2 Likes

Appears to be coming from IndyKalia

stirring masterchef junior GIF by HULU

4 Likes

Correct, no idea how reliable they are.

1 Like

I purposely didn’t share the tweet as he’s full of shit.

5 Likes

Thought Klopp said after signing is last contract that he would take a year off after finishing it, perhaps he has changed his mind, or not …

I don’t think he’ll leave! Unless he genuinely wants to take a year away from the sport, but I don’t see that either. He’s the architect of where we are now, and it’s taken a lot of work on and off the pitch to get here. I can’t see him wanting to start again from scratch somewhere else to build a legacy that won’t equal the one he’s responsible for now? How many years would that take anyway? I don’t think he’s the sort of coach that would want to walk into a plastic club and just start spraying money everywhere.

1 Like

I think its crap. I don’t see why he’d sign a new contract at this point regardless of his intentions. It’s not like we’re going to get to the end of his contract and say, sorry your time is up now fuck off nor are we going to say ‘Jurgen we will have to sell you in the summer if you don’t extend your deal’.

1 Like

Indykaila, sproutinf bulshit as per usual, so which of his KFC customer told him that?

3 Likes

Although if that happens we’re going to be in a bit of difficulty when it comes to player recruitment and contract renewals. It’s going to get harder if people don’t know who the manager is going to be.

The sensible thing to do is sign a five year extension with a private agreement to leave at some point during the duration of that contract. Maybe not that much longer after his originally intended end date.

1 Like

He promised his wife and family. Not an easy one to back away from tbh. Knows his mind does Jurgen.

2 Likes

Klopp has said he’s taking a year off when he leaves LFC,that doesn’t mean to say at the end of this contract,he could still sign another 4 or 5 years and then do it,he’d still be in his late 50’s then.

He doesn’t talk about himself staying longer and guaranting a longer term because like he’s said before,things could go tits up and FSG could sack him. I’m pretty optimistic about him signing another deal as i can’t see Pep staying at Man City for as long as klopp stays with us,which should give him a few years to win more things while city are bedding in a new manager.

Im probably full of shit but thats how i can see things going.

2 Likes

He might take a general managers role and move upstairs…hand everything over to Pep

Nah, I don’t see Klopp ever being in an off the pitch role.

2 Likes

You are probably right… but giving him licence to roam would be better than losing him for good eh

If Klopp has to sign another extension, it has to be 'the right project’.

Our key players are ageing and has to be replaced soon in next 3-5 years. It will be a very interesting project to scrap what you have built and rebuild it again. And Klopp haven’t done that so far in his career.

With the right leverages ( proper pitch of the project, tempting amount of money and making sure his family is having a great time in Liverpool), I’m sure Klopp will sign an extension.

Did he?

Not doubting you but I can’t find that googling, I know he said a few times he wouldn’t go beyond 60 which limits his options for his next job. The fact he has faith in others to cover his responsibilities I think he will stay.

He has already made moves on replacements indykalia talks rubbish but I wouldn’t be surprised if he stays.

Some words being used by youth players seem to suggest some commitment being expressed yes he will go one day but I don’t feel it’s as soon, I think last season had a big impact on that.

3 Likes