Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

“I’m in love with here and I feel fine!”

What. A. Legend.

5 Likes

Maybe Ulla should now have a talk with Mo?

4 Likes

Great news for everyone who loves LFC. Probably FSG best signing ever.

3 Likes

… unless we beat them in the CL Final , and pip them to the League. That should finish him off. :wink:

2 Likes

Not mine,

:musical_note:I’m so glad the Ulla loves the scouse,
I’m so glad that she’s not moving house,
Ulla said to Jurg (ya know),
She doesn’t want to leave (ya know) she said so,
I’m in love with her and I feel fine :musical_note:

:clap::nerd_face:

12 Likes

Tbf, Klopp said himself only last month that the intention was still to get to 2024 and then say bye-bye.

There isn’t much I can add to what have already been said about Klopp extending. Klopp is someone who works with a longer timeframe (something at the core of FSG philosophy too) and these extended years will allow him to work for the transition to a new generation of Mentality Monsters.

4 Likes

You goddamned son of a bitch :joy:

4 Likes

Lads, he isnt staying. This is just tp let the club get a fee when he takes the Germany job after the world cup

:rofl:

1 Like

Never gets old.

I wonder what the @PeachesEnRegalia equivalent on Blue Loon thinks?

3 Likes
7 Likes
5 Likes

One thing I’d like to say…

Long live Montse Benitez and Ulla Klopp!

What a pair of ladies. :heart_eyes:

21 Likes

Plastics can’t think :innocent:, they just create toxic fumes :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Like i said in my post,he never thought it was his place to say he was staying beyond 2024,as 2 years is long time in football,results could be poor and FSG could sack him before then,thats not him saying he’s leaving in 2024 or thats his plan,thats him not taking it for granted that FSG will offer him another deal.

The timing and position of where the club/team are and Jurgens age,plus how well things are going,it just didn’t seem right for both parties to split.

Ive seen and read a lot of interviews with Klopp and not once have i heard him say his plan was to leave in 2024,other than from journalists making shit up and insinuating things or taking what he said and twisting them into that narrative.

1 Like

My reaction to yesterday’s news…

Brilliant.

Although, that will probably be it then. But to have someone for almost 10 years at this level and if everything is fine (which obviously means being successful), you probably can’t ask much more than that. Of course, it’s not impossible that he stays a little bit longer when we get there.

He will be 58-59 years old and as I don’t think Liverpool will be his final job in football, there might be that little adventure with Germany and then retire at some point in his 60’s.

We’ll see if and how much this influences player contracts, although I don’t really expect any announcements while we have this crucial part of the season.

Still, you gotta love how we break these news, the club works brilliantly (for me Fabinho’s transfer remains under these owners/era, to this day, our best surprise out of the blue).

What a phenomenal era for the club.

We did a lot of things on and off the pitch (and still in the process). We were so late in different aspects, so it’s great to have Klopp and his staff for a few more years to establish ourselves even more. The club or the team isn’t “late” in any aspect today. We are in line with this time we are in football and are competing/winning.

Could be a decade of trophies, amazing team(s), great memories, infrastructure changes, etc.

There are no guarantees in football and whenever and however he leaves one day, it will be a test for not only the entire club, but all of us.

Now it’s time to focus on making the best decisions as possible, keep raising the club and the team, win more things, defend/win things in a row if we can.

6 Likes

Was about to mention that.

The Benitez family is truly a Liverpool family, once the manager leaves you expect the family to leave, I mean who wouldn’t want to move back to sunny Spain? Liverpool (the city) obviously has something that I don’t understand because I’ve only experienced it as a day tripper. Once Everton are down, I’m hoping the family can still tolerate it here due to the occasional “fan” that they will get abuse from. I’m assuming most fans wouldn’t go so far as to harass him when he’s out with the family?

I’m glad Ulla has experienced the Liverpool that she likes, and hopefully the next Sanchez type wife does some actual investigation rather than focusing on shopping in London (bullet dodged).

Jurgen, you chose the right club and the right wife.

4 Likes

I think that would be very unlikely. The club were willing to give Hodgson and Brendan time, i couldnt see them sack Klopp even after 2 years of underperformance. He would walk if he thought he couldnt turn things around. He is pretty much bulletproof given his achievement here. He is also very modest.

5 Likes

I’m not saying this,this is what Klopp has said himself,when asked if he will stay longer than 2024 a few years back,he basically said a few years is a long time in football and FSG might sack me before then,so he wasn’t going to waste his time answering questions and committing to things he had no real power over.

2 Likes

I’m half expecting a slight drop, or I should say other clubs catching up to some degree. I’m only expecting things to get tougher as it were. What he has achieved here is nothing short of remarkable. I am incredibly grateful at being able to watch what he has done for the club.

1 Like