Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

for this early in the season, there’s very little for player rotation available in some key positions and those particular players are already showing signs of fatigue.

There’s not usually rotation or fatigue at this stage of the season

2 Likes

well, that’s just plain bullshit. try again.

Yes, you’re right. It’s normal to be knackered after 6 games of football, and no one perceives any issues with our preseason

Technically @WeeJoe isn’t wrong, but also usually this stage of the season doesn’t have 2 games a week…

you talk like they have had the entire summer off. what did they get, 3 weeks after a 60 game season?

https://fbref.com/en/squads/822bd0ba/2021-2022/Liverpool-Stats#all_stats_playing_time

9 weeks from the CL final to charity shield. Every other year there’d be an international tournament in between. Something wasn’t right with our preseason

1 Like

Longer this goes on the more mindless fans will turn on Klopp, some overlooking others neglecting all the past success he’s delivered all because our owners fail to keep up with the times.

& then it won’t be long until we become just like another other club going through manager after manager.

I suspect there was an internal need to do that Asian tour from corporate, but the lads really didn’t benefit from it.

Maybe losing the Salah/Mane contract issues were part of a split in the bootroom? One got paid, other left for money

Personally I would have kept Mane.

Our preseason definitely didn’t benefit usk

1 Like

Not being argumentative but I’m finding it hard to understand how we could be physically knackered after a few games. With a 9 week break between competitive action, and the top sports scientists providing individual fitness plans.

More inclined to think it’s a psychological malaise (that may have a physical impact). Been such an intense few years with zero margin for error against Cheaty. Last year especially must have been so intense and even a couple of cups probably felt like a disappointment.

Time for the sports psychologist to earn his coin with some systemic work.

3 Likes

I think it is a bit of both, physical and mental and having no real time off with the shortened pre-season is affecting the players. I do also think that the intensity of the pre-season may have been too much. But we’ll see

1 Like

A few players seem to have lost confidence also, possibly when playing well and being praised and suddenly not playing so well and pundits and fans being critical and asking questions. :roll_eyes:

One other thing with Jurgens loyalty, why did Robbo start over Tsimi who was one of our better players against Everton, I love Robbo but his game has been off and there is little or no drop off defensively when Tsimi plays

1 Like

Ooh, there is though. Tsimikas is good but he is miles of Robbo’s level.

Not at the moment, Robbo has been off it and Tsimi was good against Everton, that can’t be said for Robbo in the last few games

1 Like

Since when has that actually been true? Robbo has been out of form for over 6 months.

Kostas is creating more key chances than him as one metric he’s ahead.

4 Likes

Yep, it i pretty telling.

Switching to this insane 3 'keepers has not worked :wink:

Escpecially when none of them have ever played in goal before

Or stop playing Mo, Bobby and Luis all in goal! :rofl:

So not twice a week until after the first international break, well into September…