Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

Pretty sure we kept him around to keep Mo happy :wink:

3 Likes
5 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

Is this the guy that can only paint with 1 arm?

It´s from MurWalls, i just looked and they did some fantastic pieces all over the country.

4 Likes

Whatever we decided to change over the summer and continue to enforce as our new “playing style” is not fucking working. Bin it the fuck off.

1 Like

There is nothing new about this style, that defence has been the same style for several years, the problem is no one seems to be able to deliver it anymore.

2 Likes

There is, our fullbacks come inside rather than create the width. We’ve tried to be far too clever and we look clueless in attack and easy to open up in defence.

I don’t see a lot has changed to be honest, I can see Salah sticking out wide and TAA doesnt just come inside he seems to completely lose position at times they can’t be training TAA to be doing that surely.

1 Like

Think he might be under some very real pressure if the results in the next two league games don’t go our way. Tactics and selection of personnel all season has been very questionable. I’m not sure he’s ever been the best when it comes to the use of subs but some of the decisions are becoming a bit baffling. The Milner sub against Everton should have served enough of a warning for the rest of the season and yet he continues to make it.

The blind loyalty to certain players and stubbornness in terms of a seeming refusal to change tact is costing us big time. 2 wins out of the 8 games we’ve had is a dreadful return.

1 Like

I think the issue here is, Klopp didn’t change anything.

I wouldn’t put it past fans to start calling for his head if this continues, even though it would be utter madness. For the record, I’d let go every single member of the squad before even thinking of removing Klopp. Even if this season turns out to be unsalvageable, he deserves more than anyone a chance to rebuild the team.

10 Likes

The player-coach balance of influence on a team is always up for debate, and Klopp hasn’t been faultless, but none of the players bar Alisson have been anywhere near their peak levels. The margins between success and failure are so thin, and we have been unlucky at times, but we’ve also not played well on multiple occasions. Trent and Virgil getting a lot of deserved stick, our midfield hasn’t been good, but Salah has looked a shadow of himself since AFCON — he seems shorn of any confidence. Bobby arguably the early-season standout of the front line — who would have predicted that’d be the case earlier this year, let alone this summer?!

I’m in the same boat as you. Right now I’d happily lash all 23 odd of them other than Diaz, Bobby and Ali.

The problem is when you promise some kind of “reinvention” post Napoli and continue to pick the same players, use the same formation and continue to manage games poorly criticism rightfully lands at your doorstep.

4 Likes

Shouldn’t have taken Henderson off, personally. He was rather abysmal that first half except for the goal move but he was exceptional in the second; moved the ball on quickly and there was a real snap and crispness about his passing and for once this season, our midfield looked like a midfield. Granted we scored but we never looked the same after he came off and it all became very disjointed. Not sure what the thinking was behind that, or Milner tbh.

Didn’t he replace Tsimikas? We don’t have alternative at LB.

He did. Not sure why Tsimi needed replacing. He wasn’t pulling up trees going forward but neither were they ripping him a new one. Milner offered nothing going forward and coughed up a chance with a panicked clearance. I love Milly but he hasn’t half looked shaky when replacing a FB this season.

1 Like

I’ll give players returning so space if he improved as you said then it’s something at least.

Could it be a fitness issue? Robertson is still injured.