Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

Has to be a fitness thing. I hope he’s fit for rangers game.

Tsimikas played two games with Greece, Roberston is still out and the schedule is unrelenting. Henderson is coming off injury and is probably short of fitness.

Doesn’t seem like he had much choice.

4 Likes

Don’t think we needed to replace him but can understand it given playing 180 mins in 3 days.

But why not bring Gomez on instead? It’s not like he hasn’t played LB before.

Dit no like the lineup or the subetudes Klopp, not one of your best performances. Hope you do much better Sunday.

I hope he does better Tuesday.

Have you given up on the Champions league already? :grinning:

We are not winning that one and finishing T 4 will be a challenge too. We can pretent that everything is rosy but our midfield is not good enough to win real prices this year.

For now just get out of group :roll_eyes:

Don’t think Klopp is above criticism but the way we play, fuking hell TAA played next to Firmino in the second half, who gives the crosses from the right side, who will defend?

Not a good lineup and not good tactics today from our manager

Thaought Klopp was poor today too.

1 Like

It would be hard to argue that the team we have currently, even excluding the injured players, is not superior to the one he inherited seven years ago. After seven matches in 2015 (I think that’s close to the time we hired Jurgen [maybe that was after the eighth match]), we had 11 points. Now we have 10. Not a great start.

Something I’ve been thinking about lately in regards to JK is the question of whether we’ve seen peak Klopp. Is he beginning the downward slide? It seems that the mid fifties may be when managers begin to decline. Not sure why, and certainly Carlo Ancelloti still has all his mojo at 63. Look at the decline of Jose Mourinho. Just not the man he used to be, in my opinion. Not the threat, the mystique of the conqueror he once had. Is this processing beginning in Jurgen Klopp?

I mean, too early to tell, and let’s beat Arsenal next week to stave off the answer.

Anchellotti can buy who ever he wants for real, Klopp wanted Tchouameni and now Bellingham but we can’t have them, Mourinho is outdated and scared to play open football for fear of losing so top clubs avoid him.

Just not Mbappe, he’s ours.

#Kylian&Jude2023

This is a good article, and backs up what we’ve seen for a good 6 months now… Much more influence from Pep which isn’t working…

“The quality is obviously different but the profiles of the players are basically the same. Diaz playing the role Danjuma excelled in, a 6ft2+ centre-forward leading the line, a double pivot in possession and a very free right-sided No8. They also used underlapping full-backs.”

There are 2 huge problems;

1. We’re trying to implement a new system based on Nunez and he’s not playing and it’s Bobby who is the complete opposite of a lead the line no.9
  2. Our midfield is injured or not fit.

The longer this failed experiment goes on the worse it’s going to get, the players clearly look like they’ve got fuck all idea how to implement it and we have the team half playing the old way and half trying the new.

Whatever the new tactic is, I can assure you seeing Trent as a no.10 is not the right answer…

Makes sense why Klopp said in the summer that we weren’t where we needed to be. Probably fitness wise and tactically.

The question is do we keep trying to get this new system to work whilst dropping points and almost certainly being out of the title race or do we go back to what gets the best out of the group of players we have?

You can’t argue really, does feel like a season too far for half the team… Even if we had swapped out a couple I think the ones staying would be energised.

Didnt take long…

2 Likes

Hanging onto the old guard for dear life instead of refreshing the squad

I really don’t get this narrative.

Trent: Yeah, he has been part of the squad for some years, but he is very young.
Konate: Fresh blood
Tsimikas: Fresh blood
Elliott: Fresh blood
Carvalho: Fresh blood
Diaz: Fresh blood
Nunez: Fresh blood

That’s six new faces in the last three (including this one) seasons.

4 Likes

Does make a little bit of sense in what we look to be doing this season. Trent constantly underlapping Mo, leaving Mo hugging that wing for 90mins.

Supposedly the fullbacks underlapping is so we can provide more support into a typical No.9 striker ( hence Nunez signing ? ).

All seems a bit confusing

1 Like

Yeah I think hanging on for dear life is an over exaggeration and generally speaking we’ve been very good at getting the balance right in terms of the amount of incomings and outgoings since Klopp has been here.

I guess the counter argument to this is that the refresh has been needed most in midfield but that area seems to have seen the least amount of investment. Those are the players for us that have to run the hard yards week in week out, and some of them have done for five plus years now with little rest due to the regular unavailability of certain other options. It was inevitable at some point that the legs would fall off of a few of them.

1 Like

The argument is that he’s still relying on the old guard who are all struggling with the exception of Firmino. Diaz is the only new signing that is an automatic starter.