Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

I think we’re also missing Robbo. Kostas is an able deputy, but he isn’t a patch on Andy. Andy is just a lot quicker and less ponderous on the ball. He is very good at getting us up the pitch.

1 Like

I think that might be true of prime Robertson, but we haven’t quite seen that this season… I haven’t felt like there was a drop in performance when we brought Tsimikas in, rather the other way around.

6 Likes
3 Likes

Didi
film vintage GIF

3 Likes

‘try to ask the question without the work spark, thats the challenge’

fucking legend…maybe im biased, but if thats a Mourinho or a Pep, they dont bring it back the way Klopp did, they just look like managers under pressure, where as Klopp hits out, then brings it back within a minute.

he truely is a charming genius

10 Likes

One of the big advantages of Tsimi is that he has a right foot. He will often make a first time pass with his wrong foot (I’m sure I saw a right footed cross from him against Arse). Robbo has absolutely no right foot. As in, he will need to wheel around to get onto his left and will only use his right as a very last resort which is a huge disadvantage if you are trying to move the ball quickly.

Of course Robbo has many advantages over Tsimi too. Although Robbo is also quite fiery, I feel he’s less prone to lose his head and knows just the right limit to push things too whereas I don’t get that feeling with Tsimi. Robbo IMO is also a better defender.

But Robbo has been out of form, and the Tsimi purchase really was a very smart decision and at a good time. We haven’t lost much with him playing instead of Robbo.

1 Like

Didi is a wanker. If I was told today that he’s become a sports columnist for the S*n I wouldn’t at all be surprised.

2 Likes

Still a bit surprised by Klopp’s reaction. Didi is a former Liverpool great after all, and part of the Istanbul legend. I for one don’t like to see rifts going between people who hold this club dear.

But there seems not to be much love lost between these two.

Hate Didi. Always felt to me that he never wanted Klopp to be successful here.

Never talks much about us unless the results are not right.

5 Likes

Hamann has criticised him several times and I believe Klopp has made him eat his words so I guess that’s the factor in this.

6 Likes

Like in everything in life, you need to separate the person from the art. Didi the player was brilliant for us. Didi the person is an awful, oxygen thief.

2 Likes

I didn’t like him much as a player, to be honest.

He was described by Gerrard etc as as being a wild man off the pitch. Appreciate what he did as a player but he’s a complete prick as a pundit.

Still, Jurgen seems a bit down and irritable, when we need his positivity and energy more than ever

I find him annoying as a Bundesliga pundit as well (he’s a regular on German TV).
Hardly anything substantive, just predictable platitudes that could be made by any random bloke.

1 Like

Probably because he realises how much we get shafted every week.

2 Likes

I have respect for Didi as player and what he did in Istanbul, but all he does moan, moan, moan, when Liverpool are not playing right and critisizes Klopp whenever he seeks an opportunity.

I am with @GermanRed , i feel Didi kind of wants Klopp to fail so he can find an issue to critisize him at any moment. Steve Nicol is another constant moaner too.

4 Likes

As Jurgen mentioned in the presser… What right do these people have to criticise

1 Like

That’s what they’re in the game to do…Him, Carra, Warnock (I know right) & especially Nicol that miserable snidy prick, & I say let them, Klopp has the responses to shut them down. All of them know they could never find themselves in Klopp’s shoes so all they can do it critique.

But it’s ok because end of the day Klopp comes out on top, makes them look like fools & gets a few giggles out the press whilst doing so.

4 Likes

Yeah, knowing Klopp, he must have good reasons to publicly despise Hamann like that. He’s not usually one to build up animosities with other people, so they must have previous history.

And yeah agree, Hamann comes across as a bit of a knob when he comments things around LFC. It’s just that I think that his specific comment (Liverpool need a spark) deserved such a dismissive remark. Anyway, no big deal.

2 Likes