Jürgen Klopp: currently still the Boss

I love him as much as the next fan, but the buck stops with the boss.
I don’t know what he’s doing, but it needs sorting as soon as possible.

1 Like

I’m not that confident in this anymore sadly.

1 Like

Understand that but a key component of our strategy is failing. Midfielders are getting frequently injured and in bunches, and when they are available they’re not nearly as sprightly as we need them to be. Our pressing is now so disjointed. It’s not new to anyone how we play except Arthur but he’s not even starting. The mids just physically can’t do it. At this rate Fab is sure to get a knock because he’s been run ragged.

2 Likes

Honestly everything I wrote here is wrong I regret writing it.

It’s shambolic and we look lost.

I disagree with your latest assessment. I think your initial assessment was still correct. I think the disruptions from not being able to know who you can use, and how you can rotate the team is making planning and implementation a lot harder.

We seem to be crumbling physically faster than I suspect anyone would have thought. When you are that fatigued both mentally and physically, it can be really hard to adapt to new instructions.

Seventh year itch?

2008 - decides not to extend his contract because he could not get Mainz promoted to the Bundesliga

2015 - after a very bad first half of the season he announces that he will leave them when the season ends

2022?

2022 - extended his contract for another 2 seasons, taking him to 2026

6 Likes

Klopp needs backing in transfer window, chelsea spend more paying off failed managers.

will ferrell panic GIF

my goodness look at you lot. let’s have a look at the lineups since the Man City game

Community Shield - LFC 3-1 City

friendly - Strasbourg 3-0 LFC

EPL - Fulham 2-2 LFC

EPL - United 2-1 LFC

EPL - LFC 9-0 Bournemouth

EPL - LFC 2-1 Sandcastle

EPL - Everton 0-0 LFC

CL - Napoli 4-1 LFC

that’s pretty telling.

The solution is obvious: bring back Adrian.

2 Likes

What is it it telling us?

1 Like

Adrian is still in the First Team. Did I miss something?

for this early in the season, there’s very little for player rotation available in some key positions and those particular players are already showing signs of fatigue.

There’s not usually rotation or fatigue at this stage of the season

2 Likes

well, that’s just plain bullshit. try again.

Yes, you’re right. It’s normal to be knackered after 6 games of football, and no one perceives any issues with our preseason

Technically @WeeJoe isn’t wrong, but also usually this stage of the season doesn’t have 2 games a week…

you talk like they have had the entire summer off. what did they get, 3 weeks after a 60 game season?

https://fbref.com/en/squads/822bd0ba/2021-2022/Liverpool-Stats#all_stats_playing_time

9 weeks from the CL final to charity shield. Every other year there’d be an international tournament in between. Something wasn’t right with our preseason

1 Like