Lionel Messi- where next?

His holy than thou persona doesn’t really carry with his inability to pay tax.

Some players generally are authentic, Klopp is authentic no doubt he is media trained but his frustrations and anger Is real.

Messi whenever the mask slips seems a snide bastard.

4 Likes

Weghorst on Messi altercation:

“I wanted to give him a hand after the football match. But he smashed my hand away and didn’t want to speak with me.”

“My spanish is not good, but they were not respectful words. So it was really disappointing.”

2 Likes

job?

Don’t blame Messi. Would’ve bit his hand never smash it away.

Why? Sounds like Messi is the Cnut here.

1 Like

Total wanker. The whole Argentina squad were last night. Hope they get knocked out in the semis

1 Like

So were the Dutch. No one came out of that game or the aftermath well and while some players might be able to shake it off the second the final whistle went, in a game like that when your team has been so arsey you cannot really take the moral high ground because one of the opposition hasn’t immediately flipped the switch as well. I think if anyone thinks the Dutch wouldnt have responded to winning the penalties similarly to the way Argentina did then we were watching a different game.

2 Likes

I didnt mean to suggest the Dutch weren’t. I was in a pub only catching glimpses so not sure who started it all but certainly both sets of players were at it.

I just think the guys a snide fuck who didn’t bother turning up when I watched him play (not complaining) and is dodgy with his taxes. I think I’d accept his tax dodging more if he pretend he was so holier thou.

Read a comment yesterday that made me laugh… which doesn’t automatically make it funny by the way… but a guy said the haircut on Messi reminds him of the same one his rocking horse had back when he was a kid :0)

100%. Nobody even close.

2 Likes

Yep, completely agree.

Came in to say the same thing. Maradona was on another level. Tough little shit as well. If Messi had been kicked like Diego was, he’d have given up football and gone to work in an office.

1 Like

Best way to deal with the snide prick

Not a patch on Brazilian Ronaldo.

3 Likes

Haha. Well said. Diego and others of that era were kicked from pillar to post. Suarez was very much in the Diego mould on that he could dish it out.

But skill wise, inspiring those around him and standing up when it mattered nobody did it like Diego.

2 Likes

Probably right enough that he’s a bit of a wanker.
But, so are probably a large number of footballers.

Tax dodger?
Probably, but then so are many of the massive corporations that we use daily.

Good as Maradonna, absolutely not!

Amazingly talented footballer all the same, so solely on the basis of football I think winning the World Cup would be a fitting end to an impressive career.

2 Likes

Golden Ball? Golden Boot? Best player ever?

Yes, hopefully and Yes.

1 Like

I really don’t get all the grief he’s getting.

All footballers are greedy cunts , and they’re all shady as fuck when it comes to paying taxes.

Purely for their footballing genius , I couldn’t choose between him and Maradona.

1 Like

I think if he was like Ronaldo it would matter less, it’s the way he has presented himself, bit like Barca in a way throughout the last decade, this holier than thou club that are actually little shits.

Just something about him I’ve never liked so the tax stuff probably heightened my dislike for him.

5 Likes

Meanwhile we all love Maradona a convicted drug cheat, on field cheat, criminal? (Dunno but remember all sorts of carnage at various times) and the worst manager since Woy.

Taxes meh. Players aren’t bean counters that’s for the highly paid business entourage whose job it is to minimise but not evade tax like all of us.

Love him or hate him for whatever reason but he can play that’s for sure.

3 Likes

Thought he was a cnut as well.

In fact I never liked him in the slightest. Drug cheating is the one thing I can’t stand in football. Really couldn’t care about his ability.

I can appreciate Messi the player, I just can’t engage with him off the pitch, like I love the Smiths but Morissey can do one.

5 Likes