Liverpool FC - Pre-season

I wouldn’t pay £117 to go to a match.

2 Likes

117 GBP? Well, that explains a lot… :flushed:

1 Like

These prices are just ludicrous. Maybe, just maybe, such prices can be justified for a competitive game.

1 Like

You would think that paying $50 and getting a full stadium gives more revenue than paying $120. Priorities are misplaced bigtime here.

5 Likes

Not even a UCL final at Wembley? Anyone know why they were priced so ridiculously high….

still 30K occupying the other seats it is a very big stadium I agree against Bayern it will be full

Well, it is well-known that such Far East Tours are meant to generate revenue. Of course, the ticket prices are priced sky-high.

This. We have Juve vs Real here next week. 5 years ago I would have crawled over broken glass to go to that regardless of the cost, but now we get enough quality games here that the fact it would keep me up passed my bed time on a weeknight is a big negative to buying tickets at that high a price.

2 Likes
1 Like

Putting all Klopp’s various comments together - the press wasnt good enough at times and that left us exposed. That started up top and it’s primarily Darwin who needs to improve that if he’s going to get games.

1 Like

Winning the ball from behind and taking it from the back without touching the opponent.

If it was a premier league match , the opponent would have fouled him and probably conceded a red card.

Also , even if he had scored , his play prior to the goal would have been overlooked considering how good the goal would have been.

Klopp is almost always going to criticize pre season games. Pre season for him is the chance to experiment and see what works for which player. It’s as much to do with tactics as it is to do with anything else.

Darwin will start the PL season atleast. Thing about him is that he makes the defenders second guess even if his execution at quite a lot of times leaves a lot to be desired.

1 Like

There are times I wish premier league clubs come to my country. Singapore’s got a following but India’s got much more population.

Even if it had meant travelling 1000km if not more , I would have made the trip if it had meant Liverpool would make the trip.

The place quite frankly would have been buzzing

6 Likes

Outside of injuries or a sudden epiphany I see this as incredibly unlikely. Klopp’s comments today are pretty pointed given they are an extension of the issues we had during our worst parts of last season.

1 Like

I see Darwin starting.

1 Like

Castagne grabbing hold of Szobo for about 20mins was hilarious, Szobo showed great discipline to not take a swing or make a big deal out of it. (Think it was the only booking in the game in the end though Ndidi should’ve seen 1 for his lunge on Quansah at the end there). That guy together with AlexiMac look calmness personified.

Still yet to see them in the same line up together, hopefully that comes midweek.

1 Like

Very good to see to be fair as you know we get so little from refs.

1 Like

How do you reconcile Klopp’s comments then?

• We know how focused he is on defending first (see Shaq’s half time substitution in the game most fans thought was the one he finally arrived as a liverpool player)
  • We know he thinks much of our issues from last season stemmed from our disjointed defensive effort up top
  • He called out that was happening again in the first half too often
  • He then linked his response to Darwin back to these points. To paraphrase - the route to selection comes from defending properly."
4 Likes

It’s a pre season match a fortnight before the season starts, we are working on ways of how to make our attack and defence work, we are probably at a stage where we can use the squad we have but we will make more signings.

It reminded me of the game in the league not a few months ago.

Im not going look and pre season and go, “oh well if we do that in a league game”. We won’t Klopp already shaped us up better in that second half, and he already spotted the issue.

It’s pre-season it seems to have been managed well and the squad is purring along nicely. This next game is going be different as it’s two teams who won’t particularly be looking to get one over and we are a week ahead of Bayern M.

We’ve also lost two players we were expecting to start games for us. I think the way the two new guys have stepped up is promising. Hopefully we can get another deal done sharpish and then start fresh.

3 Likes