Liverpool FC - Pre-season

I’ve managed to bag tickets for myself and two of my Grandsons. With it being the six weeks holiday here I checked that neither GS was going to be away? They were both gonna be here so I bought the tickets. Days later my Daughter tells me that she’s mixed the dates up and in fact they’re camping in Llangollen this week. I now have to get the train to Wrexham tomorrow to pick my Grandson up then go again on Tuesday to drop him back off.
I can’t wait though. They’ve both been to Anfield and Wembley but this will be the first time they’ve sort of “been away”. :+1::nerd_face:

14 Likes

Enjoy mate, hope you have a great day and get a decent game.

2 Likes

You are a great grandpa :heart_eyes:

Now which club does your daughter support :thinking:

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1688218624191004673

2 Likes

My Daughter ‘supports’ the Reds. In truth she couldn’t tell you many current players or any past players. One lad is a Redby name but doesn’t really follow the Reds. Just uses them to wind up any of his mates who are Blues. Another lad is a season ticket holder at Anfield and used to go every away until he lost his job. Now he’s working again he gets an occasional away ticket. These three are step kids but I prefer to refer to them as my kids as I have a great relationship with them all. My own lad is a Blue. His Mum’s side of the family thought it would wind me up if they got him to support Everton. I let him make his mind up and as Everton were quite successful at the time (the 80s) he went to the dark side. He’s not a Bitter in any way and we’ll have grown up conversations about the game. His Stepdad and Father in Law are both Reds as well. His Stepdad is sound and we used to go the game together. His FiL is a D-head (goes to show that all fanbases have them)
I’m proud to say though that although I have kids and Grankids who support LFC, EFC, City and Tranmere there’s no Manure fans in the fold. :+1::nerd_face:

6 Likes

I have an Evertonian friend who finds the bitters embarrassing.

3 Likes

Great football family. We used have such intra family rivalry and legacy with our local clubs when football used to be good here.

3 Likes

All reds in my family, it was the first question I asked my daughter’s future husband, when I met him. I included that in my speech at the wedding as well.

1 Like

Let’s just say there would’ve been a few very interesting discussions.

1 Like

Can you blame him?

1 Like

So he’s embarrassed by himself then?

Nah he means by the attitude they take.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, the Grauniad’s season preview for us:

2 Likes

The comments about fourth being ‘too high’ and us being washed up are funny.

2 Likes

as it stands i think 4th or 5th is about right

I’d be disappointed with anything below second. And I only expect City to beat us to the title through the usual referee benevolence.

8 Likes

lfc have always had injuries, more than anyone. we have let 8 or 9 go and brought in 2 - if anyone picks up injury in the middle we are woefully short so i have to say 4th or 5th.

1 Like

As I’ve posted before, we get more injuries than our rivals because referees allow our opponents to hack at us with impunity. It’s systemic.

Even so, the “shortage” in midfield is vastly exaggerated, there is no way we don’t sign another DM/CM before the window shuts. That leaves us with Mac Allister, Szoboszlai, Jones, Elliott, Bajcetic, Thiago and the new guy, plus Trent and Gakpo filling in if absolutely necessary.

5 Likes

I usually don’t bet on our games and never did a ‘who will win the league’ bet but I’m thinking about putting €135 on us. Would be a possible return of €1135 atm.

:see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Can’t you use your Time Machine to see who wins it? Or does it only work on match days?