Liverpool FC - Pre-season

Broke down last season.

Oddly specific

116.47 British Pounds. Which explains it all, does it not!

Thatā€™s 1 hell of a line up :smiley:

4 Likes

Another 5-5 then.

Looks like a 2-5-3 formation. Klopp has clearly been playing table football again.

I fancy us to nick it, Doak 92nd winner to make it 6-5.

Really wish heā€™d revert to a 4231 just for this 1 game.

2023 - 1888 = 135.

Lacking a little depth, really re-enforces the need to bring in one or two more before the window shuts.

No Jonesyā€¦

Heā€™s on the bench

1 Like

City went through all of last season with only that many senior players to put on the bench for any given game.

For me, the numbers seem about right especially when you add in Baj and Thiago. The issue is the balance (do we need another DM), fitness of those who make up the core group (Thiago, Matip) and whether youā€™re comfortable with any/all of those senior players having such an important role (Gomez, Tsimi Elliott).

Get Lavia or Trindade over the line I think weā€™ve done well to cut the bloat and land in the right place.

2 Likes

Thought he might be in the 1st teamersā€¦for 1st half

1 Like

For me, the numbers are close, weā€™re not far off what we needā€¦

But I would like to see a proper #6 (be that Lavia or somebody else) and some cover at RB**. Ideally another CB** too, but as long as we still have Phillips on the books and with Quansah looking good in pre-season ā€œit will do for nowā€.

** if I had any faith in Gomez then Iā€™d be happy with just a #6, sadly I just donā€™t think heā€™s good enough.

2 Likes

Aye, donā€™t think youā€™d find any whoā€™d disagree with you there DR.

I donā€™t believe in being too afraid to use our youth when they have earned a chance.

I believe Bradley deserves a shot as the backup RB and would be happy with Quansah being the backup CB. But we need a proper 6.

Would like to see Quansah off the bench in this final warm up game. Give the kid some time.

2 Likes

What is that old fella blabbing on about in the pre match show.

ā€œThat slobazic I canā€™t pronounce his name ā€¦. But heā€™s Hungarian. Where is he going to playā€.

Love to hear how much he gets for this commentary.

1 Like

Another good one.

ā€œThere is this thing called didnā€™t hear due to his waffling talk have you heard of it? ā€œ

ā€œBen doak is like this, he is going to get promoted, promoted, promoted until he failsā€

:joy:

Thereā€™s definitely no 6.

Peter principle?

1 Like