Liverpool FC - Pre-season

No injuries from pre-season. Best outcome…

1 Like

Don’t say that

Paul Tierney.

I keep it throughout the season since quite some time. My way of supporting the club financially. It’s not very expensive, and you then have very comprehensive highlights of every game, interviews etc.

3 Likes

A good game tonight, against a switched-on team, apart during the first ten minutes. A good test for everyone.

Of course, the starting line-up against Chelsea is the one which played 60-65 minutes tonight, barring an unexpected injury or some other problem. Harsh on Nunez who looked good during pre-season, but probably logical, as the forwards who started tonight seem on fire right now.

Jones is in the midst of his pre-season, which is a bit unlucky for him, so we’ll have to go with the trio of Mac, Szobo and Gakpo for the time being. Not sure how they will pass the test at SB, we’ll see. I like Mac in the 6 role, Szobo doesn’t look at 100% yet (looked quite clumsy at times) and Gakpo is no midfielder and much better higher up the pitch. But they surely have the potential to do well if they can get an extra 10% on what they showed tonight.

Very much looking forward to the new season now. It will probably be a roller-coaster, with a lot of goals for and against us. It should be enjoyable for us fans if we manage to keep our expectations in check.

To be honest I am giving it some thought due to the highlights.

Maybe not, or maybe I am. Football and opinions are subjective

Pre season games are shit. Even at this stage they are playing with heavy legs from all the training and lack of tapering prior to the games. They’ll have a good rest of the week now fine tuning their physical readiness and have 20% or so more in them by the time they kick off on Sunday.

4 Likes

I thought they looked pretty sharp.

Better than the powfagged look in Singapore and for most of last season.

I’m not keen on supporting multi billion sporting organisations tbh.

I pay for membership to watch my local semi pro sides games. That’s more expensive a month and you only get the games etc. I feel good doing that and tbh they play on Friday nights so I’m at a loss usually.

I understand why people would spend the money though, some good content. I just am tight really and not fond parting my money on football clubs if it is not for tickets if that makes sense

2 Likes

:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream: and his band of clowns…

Just got back from the game, was very impressed with Gakpo and Doak.

8 Likes
4 Likes

Yes Virgil was really getting mad at him a few times

Doak is special. Special player who are hard to come by these days. For me the best, most consistent performer this pre-season. He must have 100% success in take ons right? As I’ve yet to see a LB or anyone for the matter stop him. Drop of the shoulder and vrooom, arrivaderchi cya later alligator. His output is so relentlessly high it doesn’t even worry me his end product is lacking.

They couldn’t live with us that 2nd half, you could see they were struggling with the step up in intensity. Few steps up actually.

Ta da pre-season, up next…Chelsea. You boys take your walloping like men then take your anger out by spending another 600m on trash becur that’s all you boys are good for!!!

3 Likes

An air of Raheem Sterling about this lad, defo someone to get excited about.

Just noticed we don’t have a Ben Doak player thread, is it ok to create 1 in the Kirkby section?

https://twitter.com/driblab/status/1688879331316047872?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1688879331316047872|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=

2 Likes

Ill Allow It Spanish GIF

4 Likes

Loving what I’ve seen from Doak. As you say even without his end product he will create such mismatches that we will profit from them. And his end product will come I’m sure.

3 Likes

Predicting a preseason game against Al-Ittifuck next summer.

3 Likes