Liverpool FC - Pre-season

It was expensive. Mate bought the tickets, and I paid him back. Think in the neighborhood of $200 each. Live just a couple hours away, though, so wasn’t going to pass up the opportunity.

Paid $1071 to attend the Arsenal game…
Price gauging…

1 Like

The gauged they had a big one on the hook

4 Likes

A few years back at the big house, us against united with the shaqiri bicycle. Ran a OLSC satellite back then, and got tickets 6 rows up behind the goal for like $65-$85 each. Couldn’t fathom paying that much now to see them here in the States again.

Must have been sitting close to each other, was sitting 8th row. Power Cube début was surreal.

Saw them in Charlotte (where I was living at the time) on Sunday, then Big House Saturday. Daughter was an incoming freshman at UM. They had given us four different dates for her orientation, one ending the Friday before the match. I told her that she did not have a choice, that was when she would do her orientation.

1 Like

Total thread derail, but speaking of NC we decided that instead of spending money to do this we’d do a quick get away. As SC was already on our radar we started looking at Ashville. We then thought it would be nice to be a bit further out in the mountains rather than directly in town so we could take the dogs and enjoy the scenery. With each decision the quick trip got more and expensive and now we’ve spent about $2000 on a couple of days in Black Mountain because $200 for football tickets was too expensive.

6 Likes

Black Mountain is beautiful, but can get quite crowded, for a small town, summertime. Must go eat at the German restaurant in town, name escapes me. Definitely visit Asheville, lots of great breweries…Highland and Wicked Weed my personal faves. My brother has been to Sierra Nevada brewery there, out near the airport, and called it “Disneyland for beer drinkers”.

3 Likes

$2000 for a couple of days is a good deal compared to $200 for couple of hours.

1 Like

Yeah, but this option doesn’t include Dom.

5 Likes

It’s a weird one. The money is too much and the quality is iffy - a mixture of preseason strolling around, and fringe players looking to make the grade. It’s a facsimile of the real thing, but if that’s all you’ve got then that’s what you do.

I’ve been to pre season games here in the States mostly to help solidify my son’s enduring love affair with LFC. We went to Solider Field in Chicago, and on another occasion Notre Dame here in Indiana. We were both convinced that Rhian Brewster was going to be a big star when he smashed a penalty in, top bins, right in front of us. We sang all the songs with Jamie Webster too, as he blagged a trip here with the team.

I’m not going to go to any of the preseason games this time. We will watch all our proper games on TV, but as for traveling to Philly or SC, the lad has a summer job and the time off I cobble together will be used on a family vacation.

Bah humbug!

2 Likes

Yeah I wouldn’t bother with the pre-season shite. Save your cash and fly over and watch a real game at Anfield, and/or an away in London etc. Sure it’ll cost a bit more but it’s much better value and you can plan a real holiday around it.

1 Like

Where’s the overpriced friendly tickets money? John ?

1 Like

whos gonna tell him…

American ticket prices are insane, though. I was looking at NFL tickets online and they’re bonkers.

If the American pricing model ever reaches these shores, as so much else from across the Atlantic does these days, there’ll be open warfare.

4 Likes

NFL os particularly crazy, especially for a sport that is better spectated on TV.

I think the pricing model (of all sports here) is because most people in the stadium are “day trippers”, there doesn’t seem to be the same culture of going to every game.

Having saod that you can get decent deals through re-sell websites. I got Red Sox tickets for $25 on TickPick and I bought Atlanta Hawks tickets for $8 but it ended up being wasted money as my business trip to Georgia got cancelled :rage:

2 Likes

https://x.com/LFC/status/1800936349920329928

5 Likes

Always loved Trev :sunglasses:

2 Likes

https://x.com/LFC/status/1804077000526590334

1 Like

Well, expect two of our players to be kicked out of the first league game :see_no_evil:

1 Like

https://x.com/dmlynchlfc/status/1805505796463075834?s=46&t=qjQdwJi2khWQQz87wqB34A

1 Like