Liverpool FC - Pre-season

The bird receiving the ball to his feet crowded by 3 arsenal players and he just spins away like a Prime iniesta

1 Like

all the time in the world tsimikas

No fan of the Cauliflower guy anymore, right smug bugger.

1 Like

kid is jus too nice

Hydration break came at a good time for us

Interesting that Arsenal play their pressing trap the “wrong” way. Generally your CF will try and force the CBs to have to play to the FB (this is the “trap” as the FB usually has few options and can be pressed more effectively). The aim here is to get the FB to have to either play a low % ball centrally or turn back and go back to the CB again who will now be under pressure by the advancing team.

Arsenal play it the opposite way. Taking away the wide option from the CB and allowing him to play it centrally. They then press the midfielder who is recieving.

I think things like that are why we seem likely to upgrade the 6 position from Endo. You need someone who can take the ball there and resist the pressure, not just someone who can make good tackles.

2 Likes

turning it off now… boring with them kids

1 Like

Gone from a League Cup Semi Final to a League cup 3rd round

2 Likes

One of the sneakier overactors in the PL is Leandro Trossard. Everytime he gets tackled you’d think his career was in danger.

6 Likes

Decent run out. Solid test for the lads in a game we never looked in danger of letting the lead slip.

3 Likes

The league…

3 Likes

Watched most of it. Fun group of kids there at the end. Stevenson is plucky…looks like he could mix it up and hold his own.

Ready for the season now.

3 Likes

We posted one 5 1/2 months ago.

Didn’t bother staying up for last night’s match. Looks like the lads are slowly getting into the groove, or, rather, into the Slot.

4 Likes

Really enjoyed this game from my front row seat. Reminded me of how much I miss watching games live in person…

I think the game model with a "pause " in MF that one expected with the signing of Thiago has finally arrived. And I can’t wait to see Macca in it…

This is not simply about the players switching positions. This is more shape shifting and with players suddenly arriving in positions of extreme prejudice for the opposition.

Seating directly behind Slot got to see him instructing Carvalho and the 2nd goal illuminated what he had been doing…

Even the 2HF was some indication of how he looked to setup to protect a lead…

5 Likes

Also watching him instruct Jota on his position in the middle and his pressing left me wondering how prime Firmino would have blossomed here.

2 Likes

You weren’t blinded by the sun reflecting off his head, I hope.

2 Likes

I came prepared :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Did anyone already mention that 2 very good assists from Elliot?

If Carvalho stays and takes part of the squad as the forward line, then I would like to see Elliot as part of the centre midfield.

We always talk about the 6. But I don’t think we will play pure 6 like the way Fabinho was. You might have 2 number “6” like Jones/Elliot and Mac, where if one ventures forward, one stays back but both are capable of doing either role well, has to be hardworking and very mobile in open spaces. I think Elliot has those qualities and today (not just today of course) he can create too.

https://x.com/LFC/status/1818848238474072485

3 Likes