Liverpool FC - Pre-season

For the better imo. Our fullbacks played their best football while been overlapping full backs. Their form and assists dropped when we started playing the inverted role.

2 Likes

The intensity and pressing is still there, but I noticed we got back into position without the ball, so there were less gaps for the opposition to exploit. Early days, and of course we havenā€™t seen some of our main players integrate yet, but my guess is we will improve defensively.

I also liked the passing. Short passes, intricate, quicker, triangles and movement. I think we will see some good interplay and control games in the middle more as the season progresses.

I think Slot ball will be a work in progress for a while, but since we have good players we shouldnā€™t be too far off, even from the get go.

2 Likes

The interesting thing about Quansah is that Slot put Konate on the left and left Quansah on the right.

Assuming Virgil comes back and slots in, it suggests Quansah is seen as the partner for Van Dijk, at least for the first round of fixtures.

2 Likes

Thanks. Needed something nice for a change.

2 Likes

I think we are playing a lot similar to how Klopp played his Liverpool side during his early years.

Overlapping fullbacks etc.

Quansah mostly played on the right as well under Klopp.

Yes, but Konate would instinctively be thought of as the primary starter between him and Quansah and so you would usually expect him to start on the right with Quansah filling in on the left in Virgilā€™s absence.

1 Like

It could also mean Konate is given the tougher task given that heā€™s the more experienced of the lot.

1 Like

https://x.com/LFC/status/1820122019381616905
https://x.com/LFC/status/1820103145105833993
https://x.com/LFC/status/1820128059107815478

2 Likes

Well one of them kicked out at Blair and got injured.

Tosser

4 Likes

Karma is usually not that fastā€¦ but I struggled to find sympathy as they put the full leg air cast on him.

2 Likes

The result is flattering, but credit to the lads for being clinical and taking their chances. :+1:

Edit: as for the atmosphere, I wonder how so many people in a stadium can remain so silent. :joy: Time to return to England!

Good to see these 6 back. The rest of the sqaud is back too, with Jota appearing briefly in this video. No once else though, maybe Jots back in for some rehab work before the rest.

2 Likes

How is Jota there? What sort of quantum physics nonsense is this?

1 Like

The hardcore fans among us were trying all night, singing throughout the match, but was very difficult to get all involved. Iā€™m quite hoarse today. In fact, it seemed there were many there just for the spectacle, as the family my wife sat by on the coach to the match. Said they were there, because it was possibly their last chance to see Mo play live. Stadium, and ingress/egress was a shit storm.

6 Likes

Do we think Quansah is nailed? Picking FPL team and heā€™s only 4.5m

1 Like

The team flew back straight after the match last night. So assuming they were in the air by 5am (uk time) their flight should have landed by 1pm. Maybe he went home via the training ground?

3 Likes

Free food at Kirkby, better than cooking at home :joy:

5 Likes

I was very tempted too, especially at that price, but I didnā€™t pick him. I think we will tighten up at the back as we go under Slot, butā€¦.

Iā€™m unsure as to who will get the nod under Slot between Quansah and Konate, and Iā€™m not sure if we will buy another defender who will factor into it.

Too many unknowns for me, but still very tempting.

So many thanks to the lads, coaches, assistants, etc. for making this trip to the US another wonderful and enjoyable opportunity for us to see them in our backyards!

Only a handful of us over here ever have the opportunity to come to Anfield. For just friendlies, we get to experience a bit of what the home folks get to see regularly.

Come back next summer!

9 Likes