Liverpool FC - Pre-season

Wouldn’t be surprised if at least the non-internationals were back sooner but given how mentally fatigued the squad seemed this season I think it would be beneficial for a long break for as many as possible.

Not like it’s the 90s anymore and you have to worry about them coming back 15lbs overweight.

2 Likes

Not like it’s the 90s anymore and you have to worry about them coming back 15lbs overweight.

Unless you have Eden Hazard on your books

3 Likes

We can’t throw stones when we had Chubby Bobby…

1 Like

He’s on international duty so hopefully won’t be coming back too big! :laughing:

1 Like
3 Likes

Not even 5 weeks pre-season and yes I know they have to work during those 7 weeks vacation but I hope they know what they are doing.

3 Likes

I’m not judging you but I assume those with numerous sports science degrees and analyst data related to the said team would know more than someone on a Liverpool forum.

3 Likes

So I suspect, with Klopp opting for a shorter pre-season, we might not be seeing many incoming transfers (or the ones that do come in won’t be expected to be involved with the first team straight away) as we know that this is a key period for Klopp to integrate players and set the fitness levels and team structure.

But by opting to have less time, is this Klopp saying that the squad from last season won’t be changing too much as the players will have the base level of fitness and understandign already required? (Plus with the way we’ve played the last 3-4 seasons, that extra bit of break could be vital)

1 Like

Ha, ha, ha, ha so do I but it seems less than 5 weeks seem short to me.

How about TAA, Robertson, they really need proper rest and still no word about Salah going to the Olympics. Thiago and Jotta can go all the way with Spain and so do our Brazilian boys in the Copa. That means that they go on vacation after July 11. Do they get 3 of 4 weeks? Do we start the season with a handicapped lineup?

I worry about those things. :innocent: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Alisson
TAA CB CB Robertson
Fabinho
Henderson Thiago
Salah Firmino Jota

Players in Euro, Copa, and the Olympics.

Happened before that some players were not available for the first few games of a season. Will happen again.

Personally I am happy for every extra day those players get.

They are professional enough to keep themselves in good shape and if we’re being honest - the sooner players return to team training and friendlies the higher the chances of them getting injured.

1 Like

I just think most teams are in the same boat, they will know the dynamics and analysis of the squad far better than we will ever do even if we have knowledge in those areas (sadly I don’t).

I think it’s just a reflection on the gap between this and last season and the fact he wants more of squad to be together and working from the same platform.

3 Likes

Adrian
Neco CB CB Tsimikas
Milner
AOC Curtis
Elliott Origi Mane

With our luck, this might be the starting XI for first few weeks.

I know that you and several others are trying to be funny, but having us fans constantly “speculating” injuries to our boys is literally like sending negative energies to them. So, stop it! :rage:

Rant over. Normal service resumes.

3 Likes

My friend, I’m a rather optimistic person. But the last season have broken me. Whatever that could go wrong, went wrong for us.

I will probably be a bit jittery till mid July. But you will find the my old, usual, optimist self once the season starts and I predict a 4-0 in every games.

:blush:

1 Like
6 Likes

To be honest with luck we won’t see Adrian.

14 PL teams start their preseason before we do.

How many PL managers are longer in charge than Klopp? Pep and Dyche?

Just Dyche

2 Likes

Is it me or are we a bit late starting pre-season this year?

Surprised no concrete dates for friendlies yet

1 Like