Liverpool Loan Watch

https://x.com/LFC/status/1744690569744388158?s=20

Sturm Graz Managing Director of Sport Andreas Schicker: “After the serious injury and surgery by Kjell Scherpen it was clear that we would like to add to our goalkeeper team for the spring. Vítězslav Jaroš, among other things, contested the U21 European Championship as a regular player, with him we were able to quickly find an excellent solution. We are happy to welcome him to Graz and are convinced that he will help us in spring – where we still have big goals in all three applications –.”

Vítězslav Jaroš: “The SK Sturm has made a name for itself internationally and proved last year that young goalkeepers can get a high level of practice on their loan here and can develop excellently. When interest arose and I had the first talks with Andreas Schicker and goalkeeper coach Stefan Loch, I didn’t have to think long – I’m looking forward to this spring and want to help the team achieve their national and international goals.”

*Google translated.

1 Like

It’s kind of funny that Arsenal loaned Arthur Okonkwo to Crewe Alexandra for the first half of the season in 2022/2023 and then recalled him and sent him to Sturm Graz for the second half of the campaign.

This season Liverpool loaned Harvey Davies to Crewe Alexandra and have now sent Vitezslav Jaros to Sturm Graz. Following the Okonkwo route I guess this means we will be giving a new goalkeeper to Wrexham next season.

I nominate Mrozek

Head coach Liam Rosenior said: “I couldn’t be happier. Everyone is aware of Fábio’s ability, his qualities as a young player.

“I have to give Acun and Tan so much credit for the work they’ve done to bring him here. We’re building a reputation, not just in England but in Europe, for the way we develop players. Our style of play and ambition are really important factors in attracting players to the club.

“Fábio is excited to be coming here and I’m delighted to be working with him to the end of the season. Technically, he’s outstanding. He can assist, score and run in behind. He’s brave, quick, very balanced and takes the ball.

“The reason he’s at Liverpool is because he’s got enormous potential and I can’t thank them enough for trusting us; Liverpool have seen the work we’ve done with Tyler Morton.

“Fábio’s got the ability to make a real impact on our season and get us to where we want to be.”

6 Likes

It would be interesting to see how these bloated Chelsea and Man City academies ensure the well-being of their players. Signing them up for likely large sums of money, telling them they’ll be great, then just farming them around the shit leagues for 3-4 seasons, before they are sold on for “profit” to help with FFP, or they give up on football. There will be some stats on % of players that eventually make it vs fail - and my hunch is the failure rate for these academies is higher than many others.

I suspect Gallagher at Chelsea will be sold on, even though he’s probably been Chelsea’s only consistent player - purely because any fee for him is pure profit in FFP terms.

3 Likes

Man City don’t sell on the players as much because they just lie about their income anyway so it doesn’t really matter to them but yes Boehly has made it an active goal to develop players in order to sell them as they have a $0 cost against FFP so anything theey get in income counts as excess profit, thereby allowing them to spend more for new players.

Gallagher will go, Maatsen (who would be by far their best wing back if they actually played him) is on his way to Dortmund and will leave on a permanent deal in the summer. Even Levi Colwill and Reece James will be available to anyone willing to pay enough for them.

The youth football fan in me is very frustrated by Chelsea. They have a brilliant development system but their leadership is now actively clearing them out of the club.

5 Likes

All about the window to them

Given the performances of Quansah and Bradley over the last two games, will I be fielding any more questions about the quality of our academy system? I’m guessing no!

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1745412957326995570

4 Likes

https://x.com/lfctransferroom/status/1745824643888382171?s=46&t=aLG9ncyUrtZ-QtZv0kz6SQ

I find it hard to imagine Carvalho working out here. Feel like I’ve heard this rumour a few too many times now …

Be a good move, Championship level.

https://x.com/lfctransferroom/status/1745828969704759373?s=46&t=aLG9ncyUrtZ-QtZv0kz6SQ

I think the Hull loan move will do him good. I think Carvalho is a very talented player. I wouldn’t read too much into comments from RB, irrelevant of what has been said and what may of happened he is still young and should be encouraged rather than written off.

1 Like

I imagine Liverpool weren’t too happy with the loan either. They signed Carvalho on the understanding he would get first team opportunities but two weeks later they went and got Xavi Simons.

2 Likes

https://x.com/ghodgsonsport/status/1746230547179847861?s=46&t=aLG9ncyUrtZ-QtZv0kz6SQ

1 Like

https://x.com/lfc/status/1746895020324765763?s=46&t=aLG9ncyUrtZ-QtZv0kz6SQ

Now offical

Hopefully, he will get some games for us. He is a good player.

2 Likes

Ramsay might be a good player, but at this stage of his career he should be playing regularly. It makes sense he was recalled from Preston after having played close to nothing. I suppose we are looking to loan him somewhere else where he would get some playing time. Right now, he seems to be firmly behind Bradley in the RB pecking order. I mean, do we really need both of them for the second half of the season?

Of course, it makes sense not to loan him out before the end of the month to at least provide cover for Bradey at RB. But if he plays even a minute for us (e.g. start in the FA cup tie), he could NOT be loaned to another club this season. I would say it makes more sense to play Beck in the FA cup tie and then send him back on loan to Dundee than playing Ramsay and keep him as a 3rd/4th choice RB for the second half of the season.

1 Like

You are right, I forgot about Bradley.