Liverpool Loan Watch

1 Like

He is certainly someone who has to be considered.

https://twitter.com/BenBocsak/status/1758874145591263514

https://twitter.com/recap_football_/status/1758873347746668665

3 Likes

:man_facepalming:

https://twitter.com/HullCity/status/1758877776679931991

You can take the boy out of Liverpool…

1 Like

https://twitter.com/SamueILFC/status/1761377932050604063

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldTalk/status/1761405227926786552

https://twitter.com/AnythingLFC_/status/1761398737073557511

https://twitter.com/LFCTransferRoom/status/1761142520086401116

Happy to see Carvalho getting regular mins.

1 Like

I read Van Den Berg’s comment about having to leave this summer if he doesn’t get regular playing time, while Carvalho’s long term prospects at Liverpool also didn’t look rosy a few months ago. I wonder if that will change with the new manager - or I’m just being delusional because their loan moves are going well?

Did anyone get to watch them, by the way? I imagine that Van Den Berg has made centre back position his own but what about Carvalho, which role is he playing there? Transfermarkt and Whoscored are a bit unclear about him in that aspect.

1 Like

It’s going be up to the new manager. SvDB looks like he is a talent who I’d like to keep but yeah well up to the new team.

Carvalho is playing regularly with Hull. But he joined them in January.

Yeah, yeah, I’m aware of that, I’m just not sure which role he’s playing and I couldn’t watch any Hull games, to be honest. People are saying that he’s playing everywhere: no. 10, central attacking midfielder or left winger - I doubt he plays all that, to be honest, especially no. 10.

To me, it seems like a left sided midfield role.

Leverkusen was the first I’ve seen of SVDB since pre-season, played a really good game. Looks to have physically grown quite a bit and also out of his shell, he was finger pointing the other 2 at the back around, gesturing to squeeze the play and holding their line.

Carvalho I’ve caught 3 times now, once was on the right side and twice were centrally in the forward line, once in a front 2 where he’d drop slightly deeper in the 10 and the other as the main forward.

Atoned for his pen miss moments before.

https://twitter.com/TigersNewsroom/status/1766484337954881789

2 Likes

Several words about all loanees with 2/3 of the season gone.

The good loans:

1. Sepp van den Berg, 1. FSV Mainz 05 - his team is in the relegation zone, but Sepp is one of the few bright sparks. He plays most of the time in a 3 men defence and he is their top goalscorer with two goals /Caci, Sung, Barreiro, Burkardt and Ajorque have also scored two goals/. Only 22 years old and is in top 7 of duels won and in top 2 of aerial duels won. Those are his stats.
    https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/player/sepp-van-den-berg

2. Nat Philips, Cardiff City - Nat has been a revelation in Wales.Started with 3 consecutive losses vs. Preston, Norwich and WBA, but since then 4 wins, 1 draw and o\nly 3 goals conceded in City’s last 5 matches. Cardiff climbed up to 11th in the Championship, escaping from the relegation zone that loomed for them before’s Nat’s arrival. And the funny thing is that their fans are even thinking about the playoffs right now, their team is only 5 points behind 6th placed Norwich. Nat was very, very solid in his last match vs. Ipswich.

3. Fabio Carvalho, Hull City - his first loan in Germany was a faliure, but Hull City is a much better place for the 21 yeras old Portugese. Lately Rosenier is playing him as a false 9, leading Tiger’s attack. And Fabio is thriving in that position. 11 matches and 4 goals and 3 goals in his last 5 matches. Liam Rosenior is a big fan of Carvalho and is helping him rediscover his best form.

4. Tyler Morton, Hull City - 30 matches /from 37 possible/, 3 goals and 4 assists. Doing really well there and has improved from what we saw in Blackburn last season. He was called in England U 21 and looks like a better player.

5. Vitezslav Jaros, Sturm Gratz - a positive start in a decent league. Solid and impressive. His reward was his firs call up to the national team of Czech Republic. Played in Conference league and fighting wih Red Bull for the Bundesliga title.

6. Owen Beck, Dundee - mad a big step, especially after last seasons trouble. Having a very goos season, while playing as a left wing back in 3-5-2 system. 2 goals and 4 assists and rumours that Rangers and Celtic are taking a closer look to our Welsh defender.

7. Dom Corness, Yverdon - well, this loan was and is a big suprprise for me. Swiss league is pretty decent, last season Basel reached the 1/2 finals of the Conference league. This season Young Boys played in the group stages in the CL, while Servette lost by penalties, othrewise they would play in the 1/4 finals of the Conference league. Corness started the season predominantly on the bench, but step by step he improved and is used much more frquently. He claimed an asist and played 90 minutes in Yverdon’s win vs. Zurich at home /3-2/. 19 matches /5 starts/ in the the Swiss Super league. At the start of the season I thought that this league is at a bit higher level for Dom’s potential, but the boy is doing really well at this age, living and playing abroad.

8. Luke Chambers, Wigan Athetic - still early days /just ilke Jaros, Philips and Fabio/, but doing well in a difficult league. Don’t firget that Quasah and Bradley developed massively exactly at the same level of football. Wigan’s manager /Shawn Maloney/ is singing the praises for young Luke. 13 mathes /all of them starts/, 2 assists and Wigan are in a much better for and escaped the relegation zone. Luke is playing mainly in 2 positions - left back in 4 men defence and left sided central defender in a 3 men defence.

9. Luca Stephenson, Barrow - we signed three guys fron Sunderland /Luca, James MacConnell and a goalie - Hewitson/. Luca is doing well for Barrow. His team is in the playoff zone, while Stephenson played 23 matches for 36 till now. Most of the time his manager uses him as the right wing back in 3-5-2 system. No goals or assists, but still over 1180 minutes in a tough league for a young boy from our Academy.

The decent loans:

1. Harvey Davies, Crew Alexandra - just like Stephenson playing in a tough league, started the season well, then was on the bench, lately had a chance to play several consecutive matches, but his manager prefers their own youth product Tom Booth. Still 27 matches for Harvey, but made several mistakes that costed points to his team and is a second choice behind 19 years old Tom Booth.

2. Adam Lewis, Newport County - I would put him in the good loans, if not for his age. Already 24 years old and still on LFC’s books. Adam is playing well for his team and probably he has found his level. 22 matches, 2 goals, 0 asists.

Not so successful loans:

1. James Norris, Tranmere Rovers - had problems with one of the managers at the start of his loan. He is not used frequently, but still 11 matches in League 2.

2. Billy Coumetio, Blackburn Rovers - failed in frnch’s 2nd division. They the club loaned him out to Blackburn. Very starnge move in my opinion, because the boy is not ready to play at this level. So he is warming the bench. Not a single minute for Blackburn’s senior team.

3. James Balagizi, Kilmarnock - his season is ruined by injury problems. Still has a chance to play for a top 5 Scotish PL team. 4 games, all of them came from the bench, a total of 48 minutes for young James.

4. Marcelo Pitaluga, St. Pat’s - not doing well, had chances to be a starting goalie, but few cheap mistakes made him a second choice.

5. Calvin Ramsey, Bolton Wanderers FC - a total failure. Poor at PNE, poor at Bolton. His last game was almost a month ago. And he had a really good chance at decent teams, lead by decent managers. Van den Berg and Bradley played for thses teams, grasped their chance and put thier careers on the right track

6. Ojrzynski, FC Den Bosch - played at the start of the season, but made too many mistakes and lost his place to his rival form Hungary - Hegyi. His team is in the relegation zone of Netherlands 2nd division. Still 10 matches in professional football for Jakub.

7. Anderson Arroyo, FC Brgos in Spain’s 2nd division - started the season in Andorra FC, a pretty poor team, but played only 10 matches, while his team is in the relegation zone. Surprisingly playoff candidate Burgos showed interes and he signed there. Arroyo faoun d his feet there and is a starter in his team’s last 3 matches and his team won all 3 of them against solid teams like Eibar and Sporting Gijon. The interesting thing is that for the last 18 months he was used as a central defender, but for Burgos he is playing as a right back.

8. Luke Hewitson, Stalybridge Celtic and Reece Trueman, Colwyn Bay - have zero idea how are they doing, have not watched a minute of them.The level of football in their leagues is pretty low, but hopefully they use it to improve as players.

6 Likes

Slight correction, Koumetio has played for Blackburn, he came on as a sub in their FA Cup loss to Newcastle.

Other than that a good round up, thanks

2 Likes

What happened with Ramsay?

Injured

1 Like

Thought so.
Why the bad review above then?

‘total failure’ is harsh if he’s injured.

SVDB apparently with a MOTM performance today in Mainz’s 2-0 win over Bochum with an impressive 8.3 rating from whoscored.

Stats read as follows -;

90mins
27/35 passes (77%)
5/8 accurate long balls
2 blocks
6 clearances (1 off the line)
3 interceptions
6 recoveries
Won 10/14 aeriel duels.

Good to see him progressing well, doing his chances no harm. Mainz now out of the automatic relegation places.

1 Like