Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

U16s goalkeeper

2 Likes

Oscar Kelly must be injured if he’s getting on to the u21s bench as a u16.

Lewtas says Paul Glatzel could potentially head out on loan once he recovers fully from an injury

Probably need a new loan watch thread for the new season.

We already do have one…

Yup, just found it…

1 Like

Luke Chambers signs new Liverpool FC contract.

The 18-year-old defender has already enjoyed a fine summer, winning the U19 European Championship with England.

2 Likes

Liverpool have finally announced their first year scholars for this season. These are players who have graduated from the U16s age group and will play with the U18s.

Nathan Morana - Goalkeeper

Wellity Lucky - Centre Back
Kerron Samuels - Centre Back
Nathan Giblin - Left Back
Francis Gyimah - Left Back

Michael Laffey - Defensive Midfielder
Lewis Koumas - Central Midfielder
Cody Pennington - Central Midfielder

Ben Doak - Winger
Ranel Young - Winger
Trent Kone Doherty - Winger
Jayden Danns - Winger
Elizah Izobodo John - Winger

Keyrol Figueroa - Striker

1 Like

By the way, still not had a chance to do my youth write ups since having the baby but this first year scholarship group is ridiculously talented. Possibly the best scholar group we’ve ever had, not a single one of them is squad filler.

6 Likes
2 Likes

Francis Gyimah is a talented left-back who made his U18s debut as an U16 player in 2021-22.

Francis arrived at the Academy as an U14 player after impressing coaches on an international schools programme.

He will feature for the U18s as a first-year scholar in 2022-23.

Cool to see the international schools in places like Ghana are working

1 Like

Wellity Lucky. :joy:

1 Like

Not sure if this is the right thread but the article covers a very important issue, what to do when your dream about becoming a professional footballer doesn’t pan out? I wonder if Liverpool has/will have projects in scouting, physiotherapy, etc. where the dropouts can still pursue their dreams.

Former youth captain Richie Partridge was a Physio up until a couple of years ago. He went to go and work with the Qatar national team, but not sure if he is still there or has moved on

We already do - I expect we will see Oscar Kelly transfer out of professional football soon.

1 Like

Bajcetic…he looks the real deal. Calm, carries the ball well, can pass. The fact hes played as much as he has and travelled to Austria whilst other youth players didnt make that part of pre-season is telling. Klopp and co clearly fans.

3 Likes
1 Like

Bajcetic and Mabaya both looking really good in moments in my opinion, with Mabaya the one who has been a bit more exposed at times (no surprises though)

2 Likes