Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

No extra time it’s straight to penalties.
Doak hits woodwork
Clark scores
Jonas scores
Corness scores
Danns scores 4-4
Sudden death
Gift scores 5-5
Stephenson scores and Liverpool go through.

Scuffle breaks and Doak gets punched in the face.

1 Like

What the hell was all that at the end :joy:

What happened? BT Sport on Twitter posted the missed penalty and the lads celebrating but nothing looked untoward. :thinking:

Did Davies save any of the two?

F*ck Istanbul, on our way to Nyon.

:triangular_flag_on_post:

1 Like

Melee and Doak gets a smack in the face, possibly a red card but bt went on a break.

No, he got a hand to two pens but couldn’t save either.

AZ v Real
Milan v Atletico
Sporting v Liverpool
Dortmund v Hajduk Split

Looked like one of our players got gobby towards one of their players just before it cut away and then they all had a kerfuffle.

No need like but perhaps something earlier in the game.

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve seen it mentioned yet, but the player who missed Porto’s last penalty was Jesús Diaz, a Colombian footballer on loan to Porto B from Barranquilla.

His elder brother is a little more famous, however.

1 Like

He was the kid that came on late in the game wasn’t he? Heard commentators mentioned he was Colombian and wondered if there was any relation.

I think what kicked off the melee at the end was when he was walking back after he missed, some of our lads may’ve celebrated in his face before the picture cut out and we see Doak being taken out the scene with bit blood from his mouth :astonished:, don’t know for sure though.

Yeah one of our players seemed to goad one of their ones, there was a bit of issues previous to that last kick with the guy that kicked ours. Have to say Porto’s lads looked like brick houses compared to some of ours.

Keeper needed to do better on there one’s mind he should have saved two.

I’m not a fan of that. During the match you could maybe call it shithousing/dark arts, but after the match, there’s no point to it.

1 Like

I agreed I thought it was a bit pathetic I do hope words were had with the players.

Klopp wouldn’t have liked it I have no doubt.

1 Like

Usually this is a result of foreign players playing grown men week in week out for the B team.

2 Likes

LFCU18 V Nottingham Forest. Here’s the Liverpool team:

XI: Mrozek; Pitt, Giblin, Osborne, Pinnington; Laffey, Kelly, McConnell; Dann, John, Figueroa

Subs: Hewitson, Onanuga, Furnell-Gill, Morrison, Ahmed

1-1 ht. McConnell scored.
Edit finished 2-2 Figueroa with the second.

2 Likes

Pitaluga, Stephenson, Jonas, Koumetio, Beck, Clark, Corness, Frauendorf, Doak, Musialowski, Woltman…

Subs,

Norris , Kelly, Miles , Stewart …

Arsenal 0-1 Liverpool u21, Jonas red card on 54 minutes, Stewart winner on 86 minutes.:clap::clap::clap:

1 Like