Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

A quick google search says he has was born in Corella which is halfway between Zaragoza and Bilbao, so he meets the unwritten Bilbao eligibility rule.

2 Likes

Oscar Kelly completed his Level 3 in Leadership (funnily enough I also have this qualification through an old job)
James McConnell, Iwan Roberts and Reece Trueman completed their UEFA B Coaching License
Isaac Mabaya and Niall Osborne finished A-Level Business
Luke Hewitson awarded scholar of the year and completed A-Level Spanish
Iwan Roberts won an award for effort and application
Kerron Samuels won best chef
Niall Osborne and Nathan Morana won player’s player of the year for education.

1 Like

Jarell Quansah gives away penalty in this U20 game but probably one of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen on a penalty.

Unless he cuts his arms off he can’t not have it hit him.

Joke.

I assume the ref is bent and was waiting for the cheque to clear as I can’t think of any other reason.

1 Like

Just saw it, yeah pretty tough on Jarell. Unfortunately referees at youth level tournaments tend to be even worse than the senior ones.

2 Likes

England are taking an interest in Lewis Koumas. The forward was recently capped by Wales U19s.

Charlie Hayes Green who has been at Liverpool academy from u7 level is joining Bolton on a free, he is 18 years old and plays centre back.

2 Likes

Sepp Van Den Berg starts in Netherland U21 warm-up friendly against Japan ahead of the U21 EUROS suggesting a starting berth in the tournament.
Starts alongside Micky Van De Van. :grinning:

2 Likes

Wasn’t that a Suzi Quattro song?

1 Like

Ben Doak withdrew from the upcoming Scotland U21 squad. Scott Gemmill explained that he had asked to be rested in order to optimise #LFC pre-season.:clap::clap:

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/lfc/status/1669004266370121728?s=61&t=CHnRQ3uRWoyAgq-tzUnftA

4 Likes

Nearly

You have to be a certain vintage :wink:

3 Likes

Feel for Glatzel because he’s been very unlucky with injuries.

Never felt like he could make it at Liverpool but was secretly hoping that he could make it to the Bundesliga and be able to show his talent there.

Just to make it clear, Glatzel has been offered a new contract not released.

2 Likes

I know.

But 22 ‘already’. Kid lost 3 years with injuries and I believe he’s still not fully fit.

Our first team attack is stacked and younger players like Elliott, Doak, Gordon, Carvalho are ahead of him.

Playing for the U23s and going out on loan is what he’ll get if he signs a new contract.

Feels a bit like goodwill by the club to offer him a new contract and I like it tbh.

OK just making sure, I followed the link onto TIA and thought the wording was poor - made it sound like Glatzel had an offer from another club to consider.

Yes I agree it’s just us doing right by him and giving him another year to get healthy and find a club. If we released him this summer it wouldn’t have surprised me to see him leave the game altogether.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/anfieldwatch/status/1670124222478254080?s=61&t=CHnRQ3uRWoyAgq-tzUnftA

Could be a blessing in disguise.