Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

3 in 3 consecutive games at u23 level is what the commentator said.

Pretty sure thatā€™s wrong, think itā€™s 2 in his last 2.

Woodburn 4-0. Very good today Ben.

Arsenal look shit to be honest.

1 Like

You can find the u23 full game against Arsenal on YouTube. Seems a tad dodgy from a random account so you might want to watch quickly before itā€™s deleted

1 Like

Just finished watching the game there few points and opinions on the lads.

ā€¢ Conor Bradley is a talent. At 17, reminds me of Robbo and kept Reiss Nelson anonymous.

ā€¢ Owen Beck is fantastic. Never quite rated him but he looked brilliant today. Bombing forward and delivering great balls all day.

ā€¢ Billy has a great long pass on him. Kinda like Van Dijk.

ā€¢ Layton Steward is a pressing machine and very clinical. Does not seem to get on the ball a lot but presses very well and takes his chances.

ā€¢ Dixon-Bonner, good physical workhorse in that midfield, very talented. If he was 18 instead of 20 he would be a top prospect.

ā€¢ Enjoyed Morgan Boyes performance, matured a lot and looked imposing. That loan spell worked in his favours in my opinion.

ā€¢ The general play of our team was very promising, albeit against a subpar Arsenal. We pressed and hassled like crazy. Much more passion and drive than our first team are showing at the minute. Our future is quite bright

4 Likes

Is there much known about the u16s ?? Canā€™t even find who is the manager on the internet.

Think Iā€™ve just found it , Jonathan Robinson. Still thought not a lot of info on our youth sides below under 18s

Oh okay understandable

Under 18s play Man U at home today and not on LFCTV !!! What am I paying for ??? I think I will cancel my LFCTV subscription. Really ticked off at this .

2 Likes

You say this every year :stuck_out_tongue:

Agree though, itā€™s one of the only reasons I pay for it too. Shame.

2 Likes

Nice of you to notice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I blame FSG. :joy:

1 Like

Actually you may be right :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Liverpool u18. 0-1 Manchester u18

1 Like

Tomorrow

Liverpool U 23ā€™s V Derby U23ā€™s

Kick Off 1 PM

1 Like

I honestly thought you had photoshopped Torresā€™ face on that pic.

3 Likes

Derby are such a strong side at academy level. Deserved to be us, scoring some top class goals. We could have got a result had Layton capitalised on a mistake and then hit the crossbar unluckily. Scored an offside goal aswell. Not very impressed by Billy it has to be said. At fault for the first.

1 Like

No they are not. But they usually do well against top sides where we struggle at times. Seem to have a good side the last 2 years.

1 Like

I rate Boyes. Think he is underrated by our academy supporting fan base. His loan spell really did him well. Didnā€™t play an awful lot but seems to have matured a great deal from it. Not many mistakes from him unlike Billy and also represents Wales at u21 which is good. In our current situation I think he has a good chance of getting an senior appearance over the likes of Cain due to our CB situation with injuries. Definitely will be a championship centre half I reckon in a few years where Cain could be aswell but only one of them has had the hype. Morton I actually donā€™t massively rate. Heā€™s decent but alongside Cain, Clarkson (another talent) and when Balazai (I canā€™t spell his name) I think he will be pushed out of the side. Clayton has done well in midfield aswell so thatā€™s another pressure for a starting position

Anyone know where Dan Atherton went?? Seems to be one of our only lads the last year not to have signed for a team. Strange that he also played a pre season with us even playing up top for the first team and a half in net the next game.

Heā€™s trialing at various places. He was with Malaga City Academy last month.