Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

Definite? I haven’t seen any reports on that one way or the other. As @AnfieldRdDreamer says, it’s possible that the club have an option to extend for another year.

1 Like

Given other players that go on loan tend to sign new terms before hand, it looks clear, unless there’s the option to extend as suggested. Guess we will find out in 8-9 months.

U23 lead against Everton. Sheyi Ojo.

2 Likes

Gordon appears to be targeted for roughing up. 3 late challenges mentioned on twitter in last few minutes alone

1 Like

3-1 now.

Garcia pulled one back for Everton but Max Woltman has restored the two goal lead.

2 Likes

Full time - 3-1.

Ojo, Gordon and Woltman all scoring. Apparently Ojo ran riot (as he should do at this level).

2 Likes

There must be some championship club that would pay a fee for him.

1 Like

With Woodburn gone on loan we may as well keep him around.

Clubs have launched official complaints about the PL U23 blackout during PL fixtures. It’s the reason Liverpool v Everton wasn’t shown tonight.

Baffling to think what the PL were hoping it would achieve.

4 Likes

Good to hear.

Whats Rhys Williams doing this season? Surely after a ‘breakout’ season with the first team and even after a successful loan move the year before surely he would be looking for a loan move ? Will he be 5th choice centre half or will be loaned out before the window shuts.

Could it be we’re waiting to see if anyone wants Phillips? Would make sense, keep him as the 5th if Phillips goes. Then maybe look at the situation in january.

2 Likes

For his age Williams has actually already played a fair amount of senior football and not sure he would gain anything out of a loan now unless it is to a Champions/Europa League team that also challenges for the title in whatever league its in. After how many games he played for us in the Premier League not sure what he would learn in say the Championship for instance. Likely to learn far more watching and interacting with the likes of VvD and Matip in training.

He’s featured in just 9 Premier League games and has very little prospect of featuring in any more this season.

For his age he’s already played plenty of minutes at senior level, won’t always be the case and he may, in the future, need playing time. But as far as learning is concerned not sure what he would get from a loan. He’ll learn loads staying here. Would much prefer him as the emergency 5th choice at CB than Phillips or Fabinho.

If Rhys Williams could play every week in Championship, it would do wonders for his development. If I’m honest, I’m not sure he’s ready for that. He has limited pace/passing range and he’s not the tallest. 1st division may be better suited to him, but playing every week would be more beneficial to him than being 5th/6th choice here. I doubt he will play a minute for us if he stays. There is a reason Klopp stuck Henderson and Fabinho at CB before giving him a shot. I would expect him to do so again if a similar nightmare scenario unfolded this season.

It was a nice story for him last year to play and help us out, but lets not pretend Liverpool will be his level.

Blink 182 Reaction GIF
He’s 6’5"!

3 Likes

I don’t think anyone is making that point - at least as a regular. The discussion is more about whether he would be a worthwhile choice for a 5th CB, allowing the club to sell Phillips at a price we are unlikely to get next summer and giving us some assurance that we have options should we lose 3 of our main CBs to injury without automatically turning to Fabinho…

1 Like

:woozy_face: well…he doesn’t play like Matip :see_no_evil:

1 Like