Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Aye, I was pointing out the sillyness in the claims.

3 Likes

According to Guardian, they have sold players worth Ā£44.8m, the rest are classified as loans or undisclosed. They have bought players worth Ā£113.8m already.

What are you sniffing, Pep :wink:

2 Likes

He could be including players that were sold last year or the year before and and are receiving payments in instalments or clauses where they collected payments this window. Itā€™s probably more likely that he was exaggerating the payments though.

1 Like

If they are receiving Ā£69m in deferred payment from some sales, itā€™s most definitely oil. :laughing:

2 Likes

He could be, but that is still dishonest because he isnā€™t including similar payments going out for players they bought in the same years.

Either way it is a sham. He should just fess up on the spending front while saying that money doesnā€™t guarantee success and it still needs good coaching. He could even praise the recruitment team.

To be fair to him, City usually buy good players but few of them have really big reputations before they go there.

1 Like

Oh I get that, I was commenting on the story - not you posting it!

I love how the word ā€œfairā€ in Financial Fair Play literally gets stuck in his throat.

4 Likes

Ummmā€¦City was found to have breached FFP you stupid fuck. CAS allowed the appeal solely on the basis of limitation.

I really hope that the PL pulls through, for the sake of everyone.

16 Likes

ā€œWe sell for sixty and buy Grealish, therefore we only spend forty, otherwise we cannot afford him.ā€ Says that after literally saying they wanted to buy Kane in the previous press conference, provided Tottenham wanted to sell. I admit it, the hypocrite has got under my skin. Heā€™s the true image of their club.

15 Likes

Indeed. You canā€™t stay for so long working under the command of these sheiks without being tainted. Heā€™s one of them now. Whatever he says is lies.

9 Likes

i personally think its the latest directive for ā€˜mind gamesā€™

wind everyone else up a bit etc etcā€¦

probably wont work on Klopp but might change the narrative in the Manchester teams bubble, not a great look thoughā€¦just emphasises how far removed from reality top level football is becoming(not just citeh)

looks like they think just becuase theres a lot of money in the game, and a lot of coverage, that if they say something enough times, it becomes true.

everyone knows how you got thereā€¦have some prideā€¦own it.

they should make the narrative more about ā€˜look what we have to do just to competeā€™

2 Likes

Be amusing to see Nunes do a job on him again.

3 Likes

To be honest when they buy Kane, I half expect them to say that City invested the money selling a youth player in Bitcoin, which allowed them to spend Ā£200M.

6 Likes

His immediate shit about his CL-winning Barcelona team being full of academy products smacked of Mourinhoā€™s ā€œthree timesā€/ā€œrespectā€ bullshit. Theyā€™re the same person, Pep just plays nicer football.

Also that was a decade ago you sad dick.

3 Likes

Hereā€™s what Iā€™m rooting for.

Kane scores a goal on Sunday that causes ManC to drop points. Then he is sold to ManC at the end of the transfer window.

Then we win the league by one point at the end of the season!

LOL

5 Likes

Nah. I want Kane to score a hat trick against those cheating wankers and Spuds to beat them 5-0.

And for us to win the league by thirty points.

10 Likes

gag-gross

1 Like

And Kane to break his glass ankles putting him out for 6 months during City first training session?

Iā€™ve been saying this for ages, I honestly have. The only other key difference between them, one that prevented me from absolutely loathing Guardiola, is that Klopp rates him and often speaks highly about him. I donā€™t think Guardiola is a coaching fraud but heā€™s assembled the most expensive side ever (who knows what its true cost was/is) and he knows it, hence his barbed responses about the net spend. As a side note, I noticed that Stu Brennan and James Ducker had got the early memo on this topic, Guardiola just repeated those words in his pressers, pathetic.

2 Likes

The thing about Mourinho is, he doesnā€™t try to look as the nice guy in media. Pep on the other hand cares about that a lot.

3 Likes