Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

I think it’s the opposite.

Jose is a very clever manipulator (not so successful anymore as he’s been here for ages). Pep is totally uninterested in press conferences, you feel for almost all of it’s duration (unless he gets proper footballing questions) that he simply doesn’t want to be there and then becomes cynical, sarcastic, etc.

1 Like

Nah, Pep is the ultimate media personality. He’s cultivated this ‘brooding genius guy next door wrapped in a conundrum yet really easy to understand’ persona for years. If that seems to be a contradiction it’s easy to explain in terms of being a chameleon, i.e. He can change colors as the need arises.

2 Likes

No
I think its bad to wish injury on other teams players. Kind of superstitious about that sort of stuff to be honest.

5 Likes

If Kane really is going to City I suspect he will be shaking off an injury today. Maybe Son will play better (usually does without Harry) and batter City!

1 Like

Without having to wish it you just know it’s going to happen .

With his injury record he could play centre back for us

Pep is really biting with this spending isn’t he.

Saying for people to prove it.

Be great if UEFA grow a peanut of bollocks wouldn’t it

2 Likes

Tbf to UEFA, they banned City for two seasons.

1 Like

And then completely shit the bed when city appealed

1 Like

im no Pep Apologist, far from it, i really cant stand the man or that club, but theres nothing really in that interview…he calmly states our clubs position when talking about transfers, mentions we go big and win the two big trophies, then suggests we must be happy with what we have.

the net spend thing is all bullshit, no arguement here on that, but that particular interview to me looked more respectful to us than bitter.

things must be really backed up over there becuase everytime each club even looks in the others general direction the fans go into meltdowns.

its weird really, because i get the feeling Pep and Jurgen really rate each other…next level rating…as though they know there other competitors out there, but the two of them are the only real deal out there…

1 Like

I think it’s just more so the fact that he mentions us ALOT, not necessarily negatively but it’s like he can’t stop thinking about us.

I also rate him as a coach but the job is easier when you have a £200m plus each year to spend which is what his spend will be on average when they sign Kane

1 Like

No, they didn’t.

Didn’t the case fall apart when CAS deemed that UEFAs investigation was flawed?

1 Like

That was out of UEFA’s hands. The CAS decision, by a 2:1 majority, was batshit.

7 Likes

You reckon UEFA will go back after them?

They can’t, not without new evidence. I’m slightly surprised that not one person that’s passed through that organisation has broke ranks yet. They’re pretty tight.

I hadn’t realised the whole CAS thing was so flawed before the City appeal. Each side picks the “judges” etc.

Plus the FFP rules had a gaping hole in them that City exploited.

It must seriously grate on UEFA to have a club that they consider dirty stinking cheating bastards take part it and potentially be one of the favourites to win

1 Like

Honour amongst thieves? :thinking:

And you can buy a great deal of silence with NDAs and a great deal of money paid into offshore accounts.

2 Likes

Plus by breaking ranks you are also saying that you were complicit with breaking the rules.

Plus good luck getting a new job when you have a reputation of having loose lips on your previous employers

You hit the nail on the head

1 Like

True but it only takes one disgruntled ex employee.

I’ve said it before but this whole thing reminds me of the Lance Armstrong saga. Everyone knew it but it took Tyler Hamilton self guilt to bring the house of cards down. Worth noting he had retired when he opened up and was probably under pressure from USADA at the time.

So for me UEFA PL and the press just need to keep probing away. Someone will crack.

4 Likes