Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Guardiola just wanted to photo bomb Son’s perfect shot.

1 Like

Didn’t batter them, but I am happy!

2 Likes

I wonder if the result and performance nudge Spurs in to selling Kane ?

Probably still depends on who they can bring in this window…so it might be too late for them to get their preferred targets.

2 Likes

I think this is their biggest issue. Fernandinho is the only one in that team that can play as a single 6. They switch to a double pivot a bit last year to accommodate rodri but with grealish coming into a midfield spot, if you play rodri the team gets incredibly unbalanced. Still don’t understand the grealish buy, and that’s ok lol. But Fernandinho is clearly off the pace a bit because Spurs ran right by him on numerous counters today

1 Like

So, we are three points in front of Cheaty? Anyone saw the game, was it deserved?

That’s a good beginning to the season for us… of course, it doesn’t mean much in the grand scheme of things as we saw last season, we still need to consistently win our games. But pressure starts to build up for them already, which is nice to see.

7 Likes

Do they play themselves? :thinking:

5 Likes

Life was so difficult coaching some of the best - if not the best - players of all time in their respective positions that he decided to leave for Bayern and Man City. Maybe I’ve completely missed his point and failed to notices he’s on a mission to provide funding to underprivileged football clubs around Europe by buying their best players, no better place to that than two of the richest clubs in the world, eh? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I need millions more to compete. I’ve lost last 3 1-0.

3 Likes

Cheaty can spend another billion on their squad for all I care. They can win the league time after time by having ridiculous squad depth, but they know as well as we do that put their best 11 out against ours, all fit, and we are the best team with the best manager. We’d win 8/10 games in a series against them, any time. They can fuck right off :smiley::+1:

11 Likes

It’s probably because he hasn’t bought another full back

1 Like

I can’t see how Mandy starts for any top 8 prem team let alone City. He and Ake are awful. Teams will attack that side and get a lot of joy especially if grealish is on that side as well because he isn’t tracking back to help.

2 Likes

I did note something of City last year, a fair bit of conservatism and one nil wins. Probably more to do with Aguero winding down but you do wonder if it will win out especially in matches like today.

I know they smashed us, but we were shit, pretty much everyone was beating us.

1 Like

So City lost today

J Jonah Jameson Laughing GIF

3 Likes

City can now only get a maximum of 111 points this season. :joy:

4 Likes

They would probably cheat, say it was a win and claim 6 puts.

Was a fun game and full credit to Tottenham. Manchester City were unimpressive when they got bullied late in the game against Tottenham, but we should not read much into this and I would advise caution and that people avoid knee jerk takes on City’s title winning chances after just a single game. They are still favorites in my eyes.
But for now, they are 3 points behind us. Hurrah for that !

1 Like

So here’s the thing, I put a $10 bet on City to win today. This is obviously the reason they dropped points.

I’m willing to take one for the team and make the same bet every game of theirs if there is the demand for it. Donations to the cause would be accepted. :joy:

6 Likes

They still have to play us twice.

4 Likes
  1. Manure and the Foxes will each eat them once. :wink: :grinning:

And lets not forget, Norwich love a bit of Citeh as well

1 Like