Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

That’s this coming weekend

It’s home though, Norwich are best at home not away.

Leicester vs Westham looks like the pick of the ties.

I’m afraid this is a false analogy.

For a start, I doubt that Armstrong paid Hamilton the odd million or two for his continued silence.

Furthermore, Armstrong is not an oil rich, quasi-criminal Arab state, with an appalling record of human rights abuses. For example, is there is any evidence suggesting Armstong has carried out abductions and forced disappearances or of subsequently torturing his captives?

True, but when the employee is risking far more than just loss of his or her reputation or liberty (and they wouldn’t want anything unfortunate to befall their spouse or their lovely children, now would they), they might be inclined to be a little more circumspect.

Silence is golden, especially when there is plenty gold and it’s stashed away in a Cayman bank account. :thinking:

1 Like

I think the analogy holds water myself. Here we have two people / organisations that cheated their way to the top. One by using banned substances, the other by financial doping. Despite both being caught and huge doubts surrounding their presence at the top of their respective sports both continued with the stone wall denial of any wrong doing. It was something in the background that brought it all down in the end.

While I certainly agree that Armstrong isn’t a state with some dodgy practices he was guilty of some pretty appalling behavior in his own little world of the peloton. We must remember that Armstrong had the best of everything during his reign, best team mates, bikes, training regimes etc. So Hamilton was extremely well paid (in cycling terms) for his efforts.

Do you think that City’s owners would resort to that kind of action if anyone did think of speaking up? To me that just makes it worse and in some ways more likely to happen.

I will concede that you touch on one difference here. Anyone with an idea of speaking up may receive quite a nice “keep quiet package”. That’s where my theory falls down

Just a quick one referencing Harry Kane. I hope beyond hope that he doesn’t go to City. He plays every league game between now and the end of thecseason scoring one goal in each game. I hope he finishes the season on 37 goals.
I also hope that Mo plays every game scoring one goal per game and finishes on 38 goals, pipping Kane to the Golden Boot by 1 goal.

Kane then sits there crying wondering if he’d have played yesterday whether he’d have scored. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

He will miss around 10 games due to Arab Cup and AFCON.

1 Like

Bugger!!! Me dreams are scuppered. :rage::nerd_face:

But Kane will miss around 10 games due to his glass ankle getting injured

2 Likes

Nope! Just replace Mo with Jota/Firmino!

1 Like

Will do. :+1::nerd_face:

1 Like

no no no.

1. Kane joins City
  2. City turns into Spurs
  3. Kane scratching head wondering why he bothered.
1 Like

Not possible. Where would they get those real fans.

1 Like

They could buy them…Oh wait

1 Like

According to this article, quoting Mohamed Aboutrika, Mohamed Salah will not be present at the Arab Cup.

So the only games he will miss will be due to AFCON.

4 Likes

The Italian Supporters branch.

2 Likes

I could almost see this conversation

Pep: Hey Shak, need another 200mil
Shak (with an understanding and indulging smile): Need a couple more wingbacks, eh!
Pep: Nope, need few thousands fans
Shak (with a puzzled look): Fans!!! What would you do with those?
Pep: I don’t know, I don’t know; but those Scouse lot buys 50,000 every season.
Shak (now positively furious): What the fuck is FFP for…

1 Like

https://fb.watch/7qqGVhWKEH/

You could argue that for almost every luxury purchase, who is to argue or say what is moral and what’s not? I’d say a moral act is one that adds to the wellbeing of another human and in immoral one one that harms the wellbeing of another. Spending £100m on a footballer does not harm anybody if we can afford it.

Got a nice car? Nice house? Had any nice holidays? All that money could have gone to the poor rather than give you enjoyments.

2 Likes

I can’t see AFCON going ahead with Rona so rife in Africa.

Is buying £100m less environmentally friendly than a £20m one?

I’d say it is given how the money is generated.