Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

BBC don’t mess about with stuff like this. Hes been suspended by City. Its for four counts of rape and one of sexual assault :see_no_evil:

That Kane money is about to be spent on another £50m fullback.

1 Like

You would normally see some rumours first, not just a full on charge. I am assuming that the charge is on evidence that is based on much more than just the victim(s) accounts.

As of November 2020 Alexander-Arnold’s free kick conversion is 10% which makes him the 10th most efficient free kick taker in the PL since 2017.

He would be 7th if you exclude Aaron Cresswell, Granit Xhaka and Harry Wilson who have attempted less than 20.

1 Like

CPS have to be satisfied to allow police to charge, so the police obviously have enough to take it to this stage. Now it’s down to due process, which will take a good while.

2 Likes

Yeah, there seems to be much more to these charges over the normal “flimsy” footballer xyz assaulted me, that never seems to lead to charges.

Suspended by City.

And enough to hold him in custody till court hearing…oh dear oh dear.

Anyone with any views from the Caf of City’s interest on Ronaldo?

Mendy business doesn’t look good, at all.

As for Ronaldo, it all makes sense. City play football, they create lots of chances, they need a big time player to stick the ball in the back of the net. At this stage of his career Ronaldo can’t really carry the team, but he doesn’t need to do that at Man City. His job will be to stick the ball in the back of the net. It will be nauseating to see, but that’s what he will do. He is one of the best two players of the past generation, and for many years we have seen how he just gets goal after goal after goal…

In terms of fanfare, Man City have some sort of rivalry with PSG, so they are happy to have their own superstar take some of the Messi column inches. It’s short term and they will still be in for a big striker when the window opens again, or at the latest, next summer.

Can’t stand them, but it is the natural progression for two of the greatest footballers to see out their days as highly paid guns for hire for two nation-state oil clubs.

Beautiful game my arse.

5 Likes

Trying to limit my exposure to dodgy social media outlets.

Had a quick look and they’re mainly debating who was better out of Ronaldo and Rooney.

1 Like

I agree. I don’t see how you preach a team ethos of hard work when your prima donna superstar player doesn’t work hard. One can see how this could go south in a hurry.

I disagree. Look at how many of City’s goals are simple taps ins (Its the main explanation for Raheem Im a professional footballer but cannot kick a ball Sterling picked up his goal scoring. Those goals come because the quick ball movement and rotational positional exchange. It’s why they’ve used non-strikers who are used to participating in build up play as much as they’ve used either of their actual strikers. Put a stationary Ronnie there and the whole approach falls apart.

It’s not that they cannot find a solution, it’s that I dont see someone like Pep spending so much time devising a game plan only to then throw it away and have to do something completely different 3 weeks into the season just because a 36 year old goal scorer has become available

4 Likes

Time for the usual warning about commenting on live criminal proceedings.

However, I’ll just say that Manchester City is a club who have encouraged/turned a blind eye to players organising ‘bunga bunga parties’ so a dubious attitude towards women is obviously part of the culture.

10 Likes

Maybe he heard USA spend billions on defense every year

1 Like

Going have to buy another full back now….

Then again when wasn’t that the case.

Have a feeling the 50-60 million for Ronaldo (fee plus wage) will have to go on a new full back :rofl:

Regardless I’m not commenting on it anymore justice needs to be done one way or the other.

Just been announced…
Mendy can’t even get into the Strangeways starting 11…!

To any Mods out there… Not sure where the censorship line is…!
Apologies if it was crossed :flushed:

I think all talk about the Mendy case should stop. After all, the guy could be innocent.

3 Likes

Has anyone heard from anyone reliable about the Ronaldo deal? I mean, who is this Lopes? As much fun as the fume on red cafe would be im fairly worried about this. He wouldn’t help them for much more than a year or 2 but i’ve kinda got my hopes up for this year :slight_smile: