Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Halaand’s the next one they’ll be going for then?

Until he ends up signing for Madrid next summer

United play better on the counter attack, which doesn’t suit Ronaldo’s game. Shaw’s an OK crosser of the ball but nobody else is for United. Greenwood is their future, Rushford has more energy and is better from wide than Ronaldo now is, Fernandes starts, they’ve already got one aged overpaid striker from the bench who knows where the net is in Cavani, what would he possibly bring them apart from disharmony. He’s pretty much counter to how Ole has been trying to get them playing.

When Van Persie went there he was filling a void. Same for Ibrahimovich. Ronaldo would just be pointless and expensive.

3 Likes

True, some tweaking maybe required but I am sure they will find a way to fit him in, I just hope it doesn’t work out.

Outside of the top 6, I wouldn’t think they would need to play on the counter and possibly with the additions this summer this may change especially with Ronaldo coming in but guess we will see how it develops.

That is how they’ve been playing against teams outside of the top 6, I think because much of their side are defensively inclined. I don’t know whether Sancho coming in changes that.

Surely Pep will bring in a striker before Wednesday, right?

But who? No Kane, No Messi, No Haaland, no Ronaldo.

Michael Owen?

Don’t forget no Mbappe.

1 Like

Lewandowski?

1 Like

But how many ex players have ever queued up to rejoin Pep?

I can’t think of any who have ever expressed any desire to rejoin him as he tends to burn them out with his coke… erm, I mean his natural intensity

2 Likes

No way would Bayern let him go.

Origi?

4 Likes

Imagine we get 100m out of them for Origi

The return of Bobby Duncan.

That would cover his left boot lace, but what about the rest of him?

Said it the other day…I think Tiago is the only player to ever follow Pep, and he was really only a kid trying to establish himself in Pep’s final seasons.

2 Likes

Thing is, can’t we ask the same question with a similar answer about Klopp?

1 Like

Sahin springs to mind

Wasn’t signed by Klopp.

In all seriousness who the fuck is going to leave Barca, and probably the greatest Barca side ever, to
Go to Munich.

Similarly, who is going to leave Munich to go to Man City.

Silly argument