Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Why do they have statues of Dr Manhattan and Sir Kenny outside their stadium?

5 Likes

Student freshers week at the ground eh…
They have wrapped the statues in tinfoil… might look ok when that is removed

HaHa… edited :0)

The sharks or the off licence? :thinking:

1 Like

I think the first one looks like the Engineer people from the Prometheus/Alien reboot personally.

Plastic statues??? Geez, they should have spent a bit and used metal instead.

This is the sign of a plastic club with no history.

They see other clubs have statues of legends and think straight away “we need that”

The fact that they are sticking up statues of players who have only just finished smacks of desperation.

All their other legends did things like “scored the Winning goal in the play off final in div 4” so you can hardly blame these plastic fuckwit cunts

Embarressing

3 Likes

Tô be fair they do have some legends of the past, some of their current fans wouldn’t have a clue who they are.

Arsenal did it right but yeah at least have them retire first.

2 Likes

“Who the hell is Colin Bell and where is John Stones’ statue?”

2 Likes

City had a Chinese player in the 90s, nothing special but very decent.

Legends in their own mind.

Sun jihai? Full back signed from Palace if I remember correctly. Good player.

1 Like

I actually really liked Georgi Kinkladze.

5 Likes

Cracking player. Weren’t we linked with him at one point?

One of those players that really stood out as being above most others.

1 Like

Asa Hartford…
If I can recall, the guy had a hole in the heart and continued to play football

1 Like

Most possibly. He was a defender, rest is pretty hazy after all these years. :blush:

The golden years of Georgian football. There was one at Milan too, don’t remember the name. :innocent:

1 Like

Joe Royle played for them, as did Peter Reid…

Kavilashvili (spelling???)

But yeah, there was a period where Kinkladze was arguably the best player in the league at a non elite club. Of course, there is always the caveat that he might have really only been a MotD type player and so not consistent enough to play for anyone bigger than city were at the time. Not sure.

1 Like

I think this was somewhat the case. Not quite good or consistent enough to step up to the biggest teams in the league but a talented trier, who could sometimes be forgiven for drifting out of games for the fun and excitement he brought when he was on it and looked to be genuinely loving life at the club.

https://youtu.be/uURCXA7jlF0

1 Like