Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

I don’t know the ins and outs of being charged, named and held, especially for such serious allegations.

If he is proven innocent, isn’t being named awful beyond belief? As he will forever be tarnished?

So presumably you are allowed to name people then, and it is all quite legal, even before it is proven?

But what I don’t understand is why he can be detained in jail before he has been found guilty?

Is the correct reading of this to assume there is enough evidence to warrant him being named and held in custody, but he does have the legal recourse of a fair trial?

Anyone who knows how this all works, please weigh in!

They name the person in the hope that it will prompt more potential victims (if a crime was committed) to come out.

You are right though it’s complete bollocks they can name the person - and forever tarnish them with that stigma for the rest of their life if they are proven innocent.

He was breaching bail conditions by having house parties.

3 Likes

Let’s just stick to how City have handled this rather than speculating about Mendy’s alleged conduct.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info.

No I didn’t. I commented on the culture at City, which is not the same thing.

There is good debate to be had about the right to anonymity. Mendy had this when he was arrested back in November. I believe his name became public domain because he was charged with the alleged offences. (Last week)

Whilst I agree Manchester City’s conduct during this process is a topic we should be able to debate (see contrast with Everton recently) , the reality is it’s too close to the line. It only takes one poster to not know where that line in the sand is to have serious implications.

It’s a given we don’t want to prejudice the case, but we also don’t want individuals or the site to find itself in hot water.

Moving forward happy for links to newspaper links, but I will remove any opinions (posters or Twitter) to protect everyone here :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Mmmm you’d have to admit if you were managing these players now you’d hate to have something like this looming over the place

Huge club… NOT!

2 Likes

Wow.

I don’t think even Accrington Stanley have ever had to stoop to advertising tickets on wowcher :rofl:

2 Likes

Why would “core” fans not go to European games? Do they have a different definition of what core means? What about legacy fans, do they have any of them? :wink:

As for 3 relatively unknown teams… :joy: 2 out of 3 have as many European trophies as City (1) and have been in as many European Cup finals (also 1). One of whom has players such as Mbappé, Messi, and Neymar…but yeah, who wants to see them?

2 Likes

What a fucking tin pot club.

I actually feel sorry for their real fans from before the mega money came in.

Embaressing as fuck

5 Likes

Also are they really selling tickets for the champions league against “not known clubs” for £65 and apparently that’s a discount?

1 Like

If they really want an atmosphere, sell all the tickets to the away fans. They will create an atmosphere. :grin:

10 Likes

One question.

How can you be tin pot and plastic at the same time? I think City deserve credit for that.

On another note, have people seen the sub title to the first post. They are looking for people to push how wonderful the atmosphere at the Emptihad is. It cracks me up that they are aware that there’s one thing they cant buy.

2 Likes

Just goes to show how deluded their fans are.

2 Likes
1 Like

Not even Hodgson or Fat Sam?

2 Likes

They identified young students and professionals and then mention Facebook, alright Grandad.

You are not going sell £65 tickets to students, Midweek games seem to be more available for fans of clubs with a smaller core following (make of that what you will) like Swansea when they went into Europe, flip side of that was Swansea were selling tickets to students for a tenner and got a bumper crowd in.

Problem is by about the age of 18 you’ve got a club usually. Yeah you might attend if it’s a tenner as I did with Swansea (I think we went to every European game that season). But £65 quid, got to be kidding.

After Perez comments about younger fans and kids I’m not quite sure these people have ever met anyone under 30. The Hundred only had to be rebranded slightly from the T20 and it pulled people in.

Viral content is a driver but look at Bridgeton an average period drama with sex scenes and it’s demographic audience was early 20s. Gone off on a tangent here but it’s not short and snappy it’s engaging and engrossing.

No ones paying £65 for that if they don’t already have a passion.

1 Like

Getting Old 30 Rock GIF

3 Likes