Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

He absolutely does. And he’s been forced to clarify statements where he has bemoaned the empty seats.

1 Like

I think he cannot say it out loud now, but once he’s out of here and maybe later in his career he might disclose how unsatisfactory the entire experience for him was. Maybe he’ll even admit it was a mistake for him. I still wonder why he’s still continuing there. Money and the fact that he wants to win the CL to show something more substantial and noteworthy might be the only reasons I can think of.

Oh and buying 100 fullbacks.

2 Likes

Fixed for accuracy

Because it’s easier to win stuff when you can buy whatever you want. They seemed to seek sympathy this summer because Spurs had the audacity to say no.

No one gave it much thought but effectively that’s what he and his owners were trying to say

6 Likes

Perversely, he may feel obliged to stay longer than he really wants to because he will see it as personal failure if he fails to win CL at a club giving him a blank cheque each season. Especially as he wasn’t a big success in Europe with Bayern.

Although his options on a next club, if he wants one, appear somewhat limited with only Juve standing out as a club he would be open to (PSG might be another but assume the relationship with City complicates that).

2 Likes

What was their gate last night

Edit - just saw it was 45k.

10k empty seats in a champions league game

Fuck - in - Hell

1 Like

Hahahah just read peps comments - please come and support us.

Pathetic.

The last time the officially sold out the stadium was 2016/17 season - plastic

2 Likes

Last season was the best chance they had in my opinion. Think he would have left had they won it. It’s going to be incredibly difficult, because the English teams itself are very strong now and they anyways struggle against proper European clubs. Interesting to see how long can he continue without winning the CL.

3 Likes

Yup, it broke for them perfectly and they still lost it.

1 Like

I mean, that is just embarrassing.

1 Like

It was 39,223. For a Champions League game, it’s a disgrace.

5 Likes

Might be able to give free tickets away to students next time out so expect it to go up. Swansea could sell Europa League games for a fiver and increase capacity close to a 3pm game.

Probably start begging Wycombe to host the EFL game so not to look even more embarrassed.

2 Likes

TBF Corronation street had a double bill on last,
and it was a big story,

Noris died.

5 Likes

In all fairness, the non-PL clubs and Liverpool should host all the Cup games.

Where was that figure quoted from? I ask because they’ve been found out quoting ticket sales rather than actual attendance in the past. That included lots of tickets purchased and not used for whatever reason.

2 Likes

Their official attendance figures are always inflated due to the number of phantomly assigned tickets. They dont reflect bums in seats.

4 Likes

Fixed for accuracy

1 Like

Because the Sheikh buys 5-10K :rofl:

2 Likes

“He [Guardiola] is absolutely the best coach in the world but, in the nicest possible way, I think maybe he should stick to that.”

The manager should just stick to on the pitch football aspects rather than having anything to do with the fans. Tells you everything you need to know about the club.

7 Likes