Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Genius. That way they’ll be able to claim they sold out a 75,000 capacity stadium but nobody will be able to see the empty seats.

9 Likes

£12.50 a ticket! and they didn’t sell out! I’m actually a bit jealous, wish it was so easy to get to Anfield for a CL match!

Pep seems to be realising that he’s spent some of his best years at a plastic football club that will fall into obscurity when the Sheikh is bored of them.

2 Likes

I don’t want to be like United, Liverpool, Bayern, Barcelona, Madrid - we are who we are

I can’t stop thinking about this from Guardiola. This is probably the most indirectly scathing thing he’s said so far about himself, and City as a club. I’m not sure it’s immediately apparent just how damning this statement is.

It’s like he realises he’s Pinocchio and doesn’t actually give a shit that he’s not a real boy and never will be.

6 Likes

Bet Guardiola wishes he had Pinocchio’s nose.

3 Likes

true romance smile GIF

4 Likes

That circus vibe I pointed out a few weeks ago…

lol

Drove down to Cornwall today with the family and this was all over the radio all day…they’re still talking about it. Small story, but this will be one of several shitstorms to hit the Emptihad this year, I am certain.

1 Like

The difference with the Jurgen vs Pep is that Jurgen had MUCH more of a positive spin to it. He was focus on changing us from doubters to believers, whereas pep would be content with an extra 10k doubters at the game.

9 Likes

On addressing the crowd issue, Jurgen also knew the team he was about to build would play hi-intensity football for the full 95mins… he was just getting us prepared for what was to come.
The guy in the video said we had tourists visiting us at home games… Hey-ho, can we help it if we have a world-wide fanbase formed of ex-pat Scousers and devoted fans that have joined our many parades over the last couple of decades…

1 Like

Keep up with his lies and his wish will come true.

2 Likes

The Hertha job will likely be available soon, with plenty of fan support. Pep should come back to Germany and be a true legend.

Oh dear

3 Likes

That will go down well with young master Raheem.

6 Likes

I can sympathize with the City fans tbh.

Theyve moved out of their spiritual home stadium to and impressive but hollow bowl.

They’ve been taken over by owners who have pumped money into the club but the money itself has a lot of moral questions about it.

They’ve changed the balance of power in Manchester which has fundamentally changed the mindset of the club (and many people loved being the ‘upstarts’ and relishing their derby games while eulogising the likes of Shaun Goater).

They’ve signed an untold amount of players for extortionate fees with only Phil Foden having a connection to the local area. If someone has a bad patch of form they just buy someone else.

The football style is, on paper, attractive but it’s somewhat passionless and is played exactly the same way infront of an empty stadium.

They know before they even get the stadium exactly how 99% of matches are going to go - City with 80% possession while the opposition sit deep. You could basically write a full time match report for City before they even kick off.

For all their success they’ve also lacked “moments” that fans rally around. They had Aguerooooooo and the Kompany goal in 2019 but outside of that there haven’t been many standout instances of a unifying moment.

Basically you have a passionate fanbase that have seen their poor, home grown focused minnow club that felt like it was “their club” replaced by an antiseptic footballing monolith, funded by dubious sources that doesn’t need fans to be successful.

The issues the fans have with UEFA have always struck me as a symptom of an internal conflict within their fanbase. I genuinely believe many of them don’t like UEFA because deep down they don’t want to be there. They don’t want to be in the Champions League, they don’t want to finish above Man Utd every year, they don’t want every player in the squad to have cost £50m. They want to be scrapping it out with West Brom to win the Championship, they want famous 1-0 wins at home to Utd, they want Paulo Wanchope and Shaun Goater to be club legends.

It’s probably difficult to reconcile for many fans. Outwardly you want your team to win everything, win every game, score millions of goals… But more important than the result is the story and how those wins make you feel. After a few years of novelty I think it’s wore off on many City fans and they no longer feel connected with the story, making them basically feel nothing when they do win. Where is the struggle? Where is the beauty? It’s all too easy.

I’m not surprised at all that many just can’t be arsed to go anymore.

19 Likes

[quote=“Sweeting, post:2644, topic:262, full:true”]
You could basically write a full time match report for City before they even kick off. [/quote]

@cynicaloldgit does that for us, too.

4 Likes

That was how I felt a long time ago as a fun-seeking young man.
A big 30-strong group of us were at a nightclub for a celebration.
Pretty young dancers galore.
Part of our night’s programme was a raffle where the lucky winner would get to bring out a performer of his choice for supper.
As most of our group do not want to stay out too late, a little over half of our crowd gave their tickets to me since I was seen to be full of enthusiasm for a quite a few of the dancers.
With such a high chance of taking the prize, I won.
However, as you mentioned, there was a hollow feeling, akin to having cheated my way. Instead of being ecstatic, I just randomly pick one of the lineup, went through the motion of a quick quiet late meal and head straight home without trying to score.

Erm… Are you describing going to a brothel with 30 guys?

Wonderfully written. But I think realizing the journey is sometimes more important than the destination is a mature person’s observation and not all football fans are very mature.

2 Likes

Let me just say I’ll leave it to your fertile imagination. :innocent: :beers:

1 Like

Dumbass :roll_eyes: :unamused:

:wink: