Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Why the fuck would they extend their 55k seater stadium to 75k when they only have 40k bums on seats.

I am genuinely amazed they can’t fill the place.

Also a bit surprised to see that there are nearly 2k seats available at Anfield but assuming that’s because of the restrictions in Europe with the first row or so covered up and seats covered to segregate away fans?

1 Like

money GIF

1 Like

But it will just highlight the situation even more

More opportunity to pump money into the club from another avenue that can be explained away; ‘yes well we had to pay two billion quid for the upgrades guv’ner, honest. And that shiny new sponsorship deal with the owners brothers uncle in laws company based in the Emirati worth 3 billion is totz legit and market related’

7 Likes

Because they can count that capacity towards their match day revenue regardless of how empty it appears on TV screens, just like they do now. It all counts towards balancing the books.

‘You think we aren’t selling out the stadium each match day like stated in our financial reports just because that’s the way it looks on TV Mr. UEFA? Prove it. Perhaps all those fans that ‘bought tickets and never turned up’ :wink::wink: came down sick the day of the game? Or maybe those fans are actually there but just happened to be at the bar when the cameras were on their seats. :woman_shrugging: We’ll never know…’

5 Likes

Probably drowning their sorrows as the realisation that they support such an empty, soulless club sinks in.

4 Likes

Just a thought…

These Sheikhs have been hiring millions of Bangladeshis, Indians, Pakistanis, Filipinos etc. to build their skyscrapers etc. (for meager pay and slave-like conditions), why don’t they just hire 20-30k to man the Empihad???

5 Likes

Against Liverpool??? Not a damn penny.

1 Like

A lot of those seats were in the away section. Milan had a reduced allocation compared to past European games and it still wasn’t full. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

If you want a laugh type empty seats into Google Maps and see what happens.

3 Likes

re: the empty seats…

could the shieks privately buy any unsold tickets, (not use them obvouisly),
with the money going back into the club under tickets sales?

They are Manchester City in name alone these days. They’re just a propaganda project for a regime that should be smudged off the planet.

5 Likes

Haha, thanks Mascot!

I think that’s precisely what happens. Some chump in the pub last week tried telling me that the empty seats are because season ticket holders aren’t allowed to give their seat away any more if they can’t attend. Yeah, that’ll be it.

1 Like

You guys not taking my post seriously right? The 75k was tongue in cheek as I suggest that the expansion was underground, so underground seating.

Those are premier league level figures for a club who spent a lot of time outside of the top division. Most of this reputation for having good fans comes from their stint in the third division (league one) and still pulling in 25k in a league where the average attendance is under 10k. However, City arent unique in that regard. Other historically well supported clubs have dropped to that level and produced similar attendance (Sunderland, wednesday)

9 Likes

Yep. As a kid Maine Road was my favourite stadium. It didnt have the bells and whistles of the other stadiums, but there was something very Nick Hornby like about the building anticipation while walking across Platt Fields park towards the stadium, hearing the noise growing but not seeing yet where it was coming from.

7 Likes

ManC’s bench today is weaker than ours

2 Likes

Perfectly jinxed them when I wrote ‘they are about to score’

2 Likes

Yeah, I love Southampton, at least for today. :grinning:

10 Likes