Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Something I’ve argued for a while. For all the money they spent they’re still only about 18 players deep. They don’t have broad depth they just have expensive players in the 12-18 spots.

10 Likes

Honestly, they were as close to getting a winner today as were city.

2 Likes

Just watch the incident vs Southampton, red card and penalty overturned by the fat ref. It’s apparently ok for Walker to put his leg across the Southampton player, make contact, not even get a hint of the ball.

I think the stadium was relatively full (as per their standards) … Pep might be better off wishing the stadiums be empty

3 Likes

“How many times have your team failed to win so far this season Pep?”

Edit: Anybody? No? Really?

5 Likes

Twice twice twice

2 Likes

It’s baffling. Terrible decision. The only thing I can think is he didnt think Walker actually caught him, but he seemed to pretty clearly do so.

3 Likes

Away games against Chelsea and us up next for them in the league. Beat Brentford next weekend and we might be 9 points ahead of them already after we’ve smashed them at Anfield.

7 Likes

Just watched the offsides City goal, all I can think of is that Sterling punished the team for voting him off leadership team :smiley:

2 Likes

1 shot on target all game gets you that.

1 Like

MaineDAWG2008 said:

Rightly so, this thread needs to be open. I mean for all what Pep has achieved… and that’s alot. Let’s not forget that he has been financially backed in the market every season. The issue is him, and him alone. The tinkering against Lyon, the team selection against Chelsea did it for me. Be surprised if he’s here next season.

What’s a guy who talks some sense doing at the blue loon?

3 Likes

How do they know he tinkered against Lyon and Chelsea in the final.

Thought they didn’t watch champions league

Thé certainly dont win the fucker

3 Likes

After all their discussions about attendance, how many people actually showed up to see this 0-0 match?

Very odd that this was overturned. Did Moss look at this again on the prompting of the City players or Stockley Park? I’d love to know why he felt his original call wasn’t correct.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PKb4NuFkdwM

2 Likes

What they will say to explain it is that Adams went down without any contact from Walker and the contact was then initiated by Adams. It will then be explained that these are exactly the ones they were looking to not give this year…ones where the attacker creates contact as justification for going down.

Now forget that it only happened because Walker reached across him with his leg

2 Likes

Quite. Walker initiated the contact. Adams played, and got, the ball. Walker made no attempt to play the ball but tried, instead, to shield/block Adams from the ball. Made no contact with the ball, just barged into Adams.

It’s those penalties that don’t get given and you think, how did the ref miss/not give that? Bizarre that Moss overruled himself.

2 Likes

Its one of those where the more you look at it the more you see something that itsn’t there. It’s a foul because Walker stuck his leg out across the body of the man in possession of the ball without winning the ball. But when you look at it over and over again, in slo mo, especially the last frame or two, what you will see is Adams running into the back of walker…foul to City.

1 Like

Is it like one of those magic eye pictures?!

Surprising comments from Pep given how deep his squad is.

5 Likes

Thankfully we had 11 minutes.

5 Likes