Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Not really.

Difference is that our stadium is always full.

On normal days we have a special atmosphere but some games require a very special atmosphere.

Yeah, but the message was basically the same. “Come, we need you, xy team is tricky”, etc. We don’t have issues with having a half full stadium, but we’ve heard that a good few times from Klopp. Trying to rally the fans.

1 Like

Fans turned up yesterday. City draw 0-0 with Southampton, one shot on target. Guardiola now says his comments about needing fans to turn up have been misinterpreted.

Seemingly saying,

Please don’t so many of you come next time. That’s not what I meant at all…

:rofl:

3 Likes

Jump In Death GIF

He never had to appeal to them to attend games though. :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

:joy:

4 Likes

Imagine begging your fans to turn up and then having 1 shot on goal.

Plastic plastic plastic

5 Likes

I just hope they don’t look into Haaland as their solution, which seems pretty obvious. Them getting Kane this season would have reduced that possibility somehow.

3 Likes

I’m not getting carried away by them dropping a couple of points. Still the team to beat. If we finish above them we’ll win the league.

2 Likes

Disagree the team that finishes above chelsea will win the league.

1 Like

True but I think that majority of these “cries” for help were in his first year at the helm of Liverpool. Guardiola is in his sixth season having won three PL titles, numerous cups and having guided them to a CL final. He really shouldn’t have to publicly call his supporters to come to matches at this point.

9 Likes

Haha, they’re so miserable.

8 Likes

The difference is that our fans didn’t take offence at his appeal and came out to help him

8 Likes

It wasn’t only in his first season. You could feel that he was a bit frustrated how it can vary in England, from a top atmosphere to a little bit of a dull one, especially against smaller sides during early kick offs. Mind you, of course there’s a difference between the culture of singing, it’s not Dortmund (not many places are and I also think quality support isn’t only shouting for every single second of 90 minutes in the same rhythm, it can actually be robotic and boring). As our results improved, that improved as well. It wasn’t always him calling our fans, but sometimes giving a little strange praise, like; “today was good, the fans were ready even if it was an early kick off”, etc. I don’t see it being a big deal, surprised it’s being talked about for days. Yeah, it’s strange that they had so few people in the stadium. But the manager is inviting them and that’s fair.

1 Like

I think Chelsea will go through a bad spell and that will knock their confidence

You should think of clear and obvious as looking for errors in the evidence the ref cited in making his decision, not as independent judgements on the decision reached.

Take a hypothetical situation where a player goes down under contact and the ref waves it away because he thought there was no contact. VAR wont instruct him to look at it again because they thought the decision was wrong. They will direct him to look at it again because there was contact meaning the information used to make the decision was wrong. They’re not rereffing the game, they are correcting his evidence.

In that situation, if the ref acknowledged there was contact but made a subjective decision it was insufficient to give a foul, there is little scope for VAR to do anything.

1 Like

This lots must have created the word “triggered”.

1 Like

Too early to tell, but the general premise is right - there are two teams this year who can finish above city and still only come second.

There were several moments where Klopp got blow back, from both sections of the fans and the media. Im thinking particularly about how people thought the West Brom thing was cringeworthy. Importantly, like a real leader, Klopp stuck to his guns and doubled down. He didn’t back track or deflect. He simply reiterated that the crowd are going to be a key factor in the success and they needed to pitch in.

Honestly, without West Brom there is no Barcelona.

10 Likes

Really hope this gets put on a plaque at the Camp Nou.

6 Likes