Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Sad but true, Nikola.

And beat them we shall. Great defence or not, they haven’t proved themselves at Anfield proper.

All evidence points to them shitting themselves at our place, with a white hot cauldron of noise, pouring like lava from the crowd onto the pitch melting their players whilst galvanising our lads.

Robbo or Henderson will set the tempo early on with a ‘proper old fashioned’ tackle where man and ball end up 15 feet vertically!

1 Like

Horrendous tackle from DeBruyne

I’ve only just watched the DeBruyne incident for the first time this morning. It’s a shocking tackle, a potential leg breaker. VAR was available, so there’s no excuse for the officials. It’s strange, how they can spot unintentional handball incidents with VAR but not a tackle that deserves a straight red card.

2 Likes

How the fuck did VAR deem that a yellow.

Horrible tackle, lucky not to break his leg.

I generally want VAR less involved in re-refereeing the game, apart from big decisions that were obvious errors and consequential. This was absolutely one of those, player lucky not to break his leg, De Bruyne sails on when he should be on a ban.

1 Like

Has it? Almost every goal I see them concede its usually because Dias has fallen over or gone to ground too early. Given all the plaudits he gets, I’m not that impressed by him.

2 Likes

When they lost Kompany, they struggled.
Adding Laporte helped a lot.
Stones finding some form again helped further.
Adding Dias has helped further again.

I think Dias is a very good player, and they now have a central defensive grouping that is excellent, second only to ours IMO.

They create loads of chances and the issue over the whole season is whether or not they will score enough goals, especially in hard fought games. They passed the Chelsea test, but over a season I think they will miss replacing Aguero.

1 Like

Dias is a very good defender but he’s not as good as what people make him out to be.

1 Like

I think he’s brilliant, Dias. No two ways about it. On paper (so, talking about quality, not so much form), possibly the CB you’d partner Virgil with in a league’s XI. Yeah, they had a little bit of a strange summer. I was sure they would be eyeing a striker, a midfielder and a left back. At least get 2/3 of those targets. Ended up paying top buck for Grealish. Pep is one of the most creative out there, but will be interesting to see what they manage to do this season. Some midfield partnerships are also up in the air at the moment and obviously how they manage in forward areas. Jesus’ been playing more wide both for club and country lately.

Pep when he sees Curtis, after paying 100 Mn for Grealish.

spacing out pep guardiola GIF by Esporte Interativo

6 Likes

It’s amusing to me that with £100m we’ve ended up with Robbo, Tsimikas, Gomez, Matip, VvD, Trent, Milner, Bradley, Kelleher = 1 Grealish or just over 2 Mangalas

Also equal to 1 Grealish are Mané, Salah, and Firmino

1 Grealish = Jota, Henderson, Fabinho

Grealish = Salah and Alisson

Fun game.

10 Likes

Our transfer net spend under Klopp would be less than the amount of money Guardiola has thrown for his left backs.

2 Likes

6 of them can play as fullback. That’s his wet dream right there :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, but not costing £30mil a piece, so, meh.

2 Likes

What he actually alluded to was the inflated transfer fees in the PL, and used Grealish as the barometer.
Usual lazy fucking sensationalist headlines to fan imaginary flames…
Add that to the "lets pick a stupid fucking combined eleven to create a bit of controversy’ as well…
Maybe there should be an article on “Pep incensed as Daniel Craig chooses Klopp to play Bond” the Catalan expresses deep hurt with the decision…

Anyway, @Klopptimist…enough joy and creativity…its fucking match day…

@PeachesEnRegalia says it so much better. Just a win. Any win.

1 Like

Pep is the Bond villain :0)

1 Like

That can’t be Pep.

He isn’t coked up enough to be Pep :wink:

2 Likes

Then the last name would have to be changed.
Bald, James Bald , or
Fraud, James Fraud.
(Pep Bond don’t sound right.)

3 Likes