Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Pep Araldite? Pep Teflon? Pep PVC?

1 Like

Pepsi :thinking:

1 Like

Last name should rhythm with Bond.

Our Klopp, James Klopp sounds quite close. :slightly_smiling_face:

Did somebody say Bald and Fraud?

6 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

Definitely on some substances. :grinning:

Yeah he looked like he was on a come down when we scored our first.

1 Like

Love the fact that MotD2 did the “You only live twice” soundtrack to Pep doing the “TWICE!” gesture…haha

2 Likes

Pep ensured yesterday we have enough memes about him till we face them again at city.

1 Like

There was a point earlier in the season when I thought, even if it was just for a moment, that Chelsea were the title favourites ahead of Man City just by a whisker because they have very strong defence and have added a lethal striker in Lukaku. If strikerless Man City can put in such displays at Stamford Bridge and Anfield in the space of just a week… I fear for the league. It’s peculiar that players who are strongly linked with exits are the ones always who put in the best shifts for them, such as Bernardo Silva. The snide bastard tends to leave his best for Liverpool, or so I think.

Also, Foden - just when you see the back of the likes of Giroud or Hazard, who always tended to score or assist against Liverpool, along comes Foden who scores in three games in a row by the time he’s 21 years old, all of them unforgettable goals, unfortunately. It’s not just that, he utterly destroyed Robertson last season from the right and Milner last night from the left. I’m not even sure what his best position is anymore. This lot are so lucky to have him. As a side note, England have to find a way to incorporate him and Greenwood in their attack.

4 Likes

I think our chances of winning the league is as good as that of Chelsea or City. I think key is in making our bench tick.

5 Likes

Looks like van Gaal in that picture in the article.

:joy:

Not signing a proven goal scorer and signing another no.10 is possibly the worst management of a football team in recent years.

If they had got Kane (or another) they would be walking the league.

They may go back for ‘Drooler’ in January

Massive shocker seeing Pep’s name amongst the Pandora Papers, isn’t it.

They’ve failed to score in two league games already this season, which is their problem moving forward. Not so much of an issue against Liverpool, who will happily attack and leave spaces, but against Spurs and Southampton they struggled to breakdown a low block.

Its a bigger problem to solve than he had last season when the issue was a defence completely out of sorts (and City also benefitted from everyone else falling apart).

Little results like drawing at Southampton or losing away at Spurs seem to be discounted when talking about City (not by you but I’ve seen plenty of “ignore the Spurs game and they’ve been awesome” talk) but Liverpool draw at home Chelsea and it’s panic stations.

8 Likes

Kind of reminds me of FM08 managing Bali Utd.

I had 1 half decent CB with the rest being gash, but 4 lethal Strikers so was playing 3-4-3 but instead of strengthening my defence I would insist on always buying strikers and AM’s. I was just lucky the Indonesian League was so poorly rated back then that I could just outscore everyone

Are you sure you’re not talking about the present Man utd?

1 Like