Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

I think you are more guilty of this. Even if we went hell for leather for the remainder of those games, there is no guarantee we would have scored any more goals either.

No, the point being made is that in pushing harder to get those additional goals (which may or may not be forthcoming) the risk of injury increases.

1 Like

Right.

Reading these last posts with interest without really having an opinion either way… but there is a point that has not been mentioned yet, regarding increasing the goal difference when the opportunity arises…
But instead, taking it easy and basically passing it about ‘Ole’ style…
Is this not also a form of solid defence because in not conceding a goal against us…
which as we know, would also impact the goal difference calculation…!
Just saying is all :0)

2 Likes

What?

Exactly
All the argument is done.
Thanks

How is there “no way of knowing” if exertion is linked to injury?

2 Likes

According to my hamstrings and quads this morning after my first jog in what is probably 2 years, I can confirm that it is.

1 Like

Exertion?
When so far ahead its a stroll?

Frequency of high intensity efforts is just about the best predictor of muscular injury. You can acknowledge this and still think it justified for us to continue to push each game to the final whistle, but you have to acknowledge it in deciding how to go about those games.

3 Likes

I think we should have scored more in games when scoring was easy.
Not rocket science lads, but fuck me did it ruffle feathers.

And it was easier to score in games when well on top, with less exertion than when in a more even game.
Surely those into the science of the game can recognise that.

@Quicksand no offense but at this point I believe nobody is thinking about goal difference.

I am sure Klopp is not even thinking about being in a title race until there are less than 15 games to play and not thinking about goal difference until there are less than 10 games to play.

We are having a good run but so much can happen until - let’s say start of march. Festive period, injuries, games behind doors, AFCON…

Goal difference is the last thing we should think about at the moment.

1 Like

With all due respects you are completely missing the point of the original comment.

I think at this stage the original thrust of the argument or debate has been sidelined into silly commentary.

Blimey, this argument has lasted longer than the Brexit negotiations.

7 Likes

SKY commentators noting that City have equalled us on GD at 4-0 vs Newcastle.

Someone needs to tell them that it doesn’t matter, @GermanRed maybe?

The team is three points behind Man City, mate, I don’t think it will matter because the cheating bastards seemingly have no COVID issues, no injuries, easy Christmas fixture list and no players leaving for AFCON.

6 Likes

… and they have the means to fix matches, as witnessed today.

1 Like

They can get CL games redrawn if needed. Fck City.

The thing you haven’t commented on is that on 60mins at 5-0 down a United player put Naby Keita out for a month with a frustrated tackle.

What do you think they’d have done at 7-0?

It was as clear as day that the easing off from our boys was a direct consequence of the Pogba challenge, and we’d already seen Ronaldo aim three petulant boots into Jones Midriff. There had also been a couple of high boots.

I can understand your point generally, but looking at that game, Utd were a team that had lost their discipline and were allowing frustration to dictate their actions. I think they were right to take the points and get home with 10/11s of our side intact.

2 Likes

And in a draw Pickford pyt VVD out for a season.

I think the discussion has all been done on goal difference. Keeping it going like this runs the risk of aggravating each other over the square root of f-all.

Yes, more goals would be lovely. More points would be much better again.

A request. Politely, respectfully, that we move the conversation on from goal difference.

If we are tied on points at the end of the season with Man City, and they pip us to the title on goal difference, then by all means let’s reprise the discussion then if we want to. Just to flag ahead of time, in the unlikely event that it happens, my view will be that we would have lost the title on the silly points dropped when we should have won.

Anyway, a sincere request. Let’s please move the conversation on from goal difference, thank you.

Oh, and since it’s the Man a city thread, they are cheating bastards. £1Billion+ spent on players. Cheated their way through FFP. They deserve no credit whatsoever, and the football world needs to continually press them on their significant advantage, and unpunished transgressions, while also collectively shrugging its shoulders at whatever they achieve, as it is tarnished and meaningless.

3 Likes