Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Can someone explain the coke head reference please?

I feel I’ve missed something epic.

He is always rubbing his head and pinching his nose, especially in interviews, which to a greater extent is what someone does on a coke come down. And more generally he is skittish, which also comes with the Great Cocoa withdrawal.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Wasn’t there also rumours from his playing days about drug and peptide usage?

I could be getting him mixed up with someone else but thought I read it somewhere that he has had these rumours follow him for most of his career.

3 Likes

I didnt know that, lets add that to the rosta then!

1 Like
4 Likes
5 Likes

Interesting thing about Man City is once they went 2-1 they looked so disinterested. There defence was awful with the penalties and two of them came from people who will play.

5 Likes

Hmmm, Blue moon? Move the City fans over to loonar module? :thinking: :crazy_face:

1 Like

12 Likes

Laporte and Ederson on that list and the former at a push considering how much time he spends injured. (Though it’s missing Mahrez)

And I’m still not sure how good Ederson is bar his quick distribution.

Whatever he has spent in the last 2-3 years Man City have got worse and It’s all because whatever they’ve replaced their older players with hasn’t been of the same quality.

Aguero is now out again and it’s badly affecting them because they are relying on a guy who is 34 and hasn’t the best track record on injuries these last few years.

For all the money they’ve got they do surprise me with what they buy, they were spaffing about Messi, which I just found confusing to be honest, another 34 year old up top who isn’t known for his fighting instincts when the chips go down.

When you consider how much stick Woodward and Levy get and they are buying from a much lower base you have to wonder.

2 Likes

If there’s in thing the financial scrutiny on them might achieve, its a bit of normalcy as we move forward. They are still spending, but not so much that they can just keep throwing unlimited money at it, in the hopes that some of them will turn out decent.

In other words, their transfer mistakes are starting to become consequential, so there’s a certain leveling inherent in that.

Mourinho will be off to PSG next summer for an easy league title and another tilt at the CL after a decade waiting. Man City might win a minor cup this season, but that will be their lot.

1 Like

What’s their spend this Summer already?

Ake
Dias
Torres plus a few others
Transfermarkt has their outgoings at over £140m. That obviously doesn’t account for payment terms and outgoings at £53m.

PS. There’s two fullbacks on their incoming list as well. Shhhh now

2 Likes

It’s only including defensive recruits (goalkeeper and defenders). Over £400m on those transfers alone in 4 years, to still have issues unresolved, is just ridiculous.

3 Likes

I think they have still have room to do something significant. They’ve spent over 100m on CBs alone, but Torres came in cheaply, and they raised about 55m from Sane and 15m for Otamendi.

2 Likes

Not 400m, even 4000m will not get them the world’s best CB, best LB and best RB.

2 Likes

Is Danilo and Cancelo still in their books???

cancelo is, danilo went the other way in that deal though

2 Likes

We’ve all seen the stories about the other CBs City were chasing and it’s easy to fabricate a story from those that Diaz was their third choice, but we know it doesn’t necessarily work like that - there isn’t a perfect relationship between what we see reported and what is actually happening. However, there is fairly reliable reporting that Kounde and Koulibaly were not just deals they were testing out, but were actually preferred. They couldnt make those deals work (bad relationship with Napoli, and Seville needed a lot more money than Benfica did as they wouldnt consider Otamendi as part of the deal) and only then turned to Diaz. So that’s a hell of a lot of money to spend on someone that far down your list.

4 Likes

they may or may not be after alaba as well, contingent on selling zinchenko

fee wouldn’t be huge, since he’s only got the one year left on his contract, but he wants a massive wage

2 Likes